How to work with groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to work with groups?

HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.318 (Linux), JowiHue 1.1.3.1.

I can not find how to delete a group.
    The built in documentation says:
    Groups
    On the configuration page bridge groups are shown once one or more Hue bridges are registered and
    the page is refreshed. How to work with groups on a Philips Hue bridge is explained in the
    groups

page

But when I try to follow the link to the groups page it sends me to a page with an IP address not existing in my network!

Einar,

You are correct, it sends you to the online documentation on groups, instead this link should have brought you to the internal documents place for groups. And I noticed groups documentation is not included in the PDF file anymore.
    You will have to do it with the online documentation for now, which is showing the new documentation for the upcoming version, but it matches the usage for the current version, although the location of groups has changed.

In a short, how to delete a group: go to the configuration page and scroll all the way to the bottom. Here you will see the groups defined on the bridge.
    When you press the red cross next to the line with included lights, the group is removed. For some groups, like "All lights" you will notice there is no red cross available, this is a group that is enforced on the bridge and cannot be removed.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you for a quick reply!

The red cross is invisible in Microsoft Explorer. But hovering over the spot where it should be shows the "hand", and a click will remove it.

In Opera there is no cross either, but there is a small square with the text "Bil". (In norwegian "bilde" means picture.)

Aha!! It refers to delete.png and the file name is Delete.png. Linux is case sensitive, windows is not. So I suspect the icon shows if HS is running in Windows.

Comment

That is an old one.... I am checking it over and over and still those issues come forward. LOL In the new plugin I will reserve some time to change this kind of issue. It will be better then

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I was a bit unclear about where the link to groups sends me. It points to a nonexisting local IP (192.168.192.4/hs/jowihue/groups).

A pointer to the most recent and complete user manual would be nice. Now I'm not able to control any of my lights from HS3.

I have been advised to unregister and reregister JowiHue as a fix. But even that does not work. The log says: <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>aug-31 16.17.38 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>JowiHue </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Deregistering is disabled for now </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Is there a way to reset JowiHue, bridge and everything to start again from scratch. It did work before my attempt to bring in the dimmer switch. Which ironically now seems to be the only thing working.

Comment

Einar,

How are you adviced? Not by the plugin I think?
            Maybe it is better to post the of the log (you can filter the log on "JowiHue") so I can see what is happening?

If I can see the log, I can hopefully see what is happening.
            The online documentation is being updated strongly to the new version, so there are quite some differences, but you can find it at www.vuyk.info/hs/jowihue

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Thanks for responding,

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Einar,

How are you adviced? Not by the plugin I think?
              No. It was on a Norwegian forum.

I have tried to remove as much as I can in attempt to be able to start fresh again. But whatever I do I cannot Control the lights from HS3. If I Control from Philips app or dimmer switch the status will update in HS almost immediately. I also tried deleting the app user thinking there might be a conflict. But that did not help. Just that my app now tells me to authenticate.

Here is some of the log. I don't know how much is useful but this is about as much as the forum allows.

Comment

BTW: It nags me to update the bridge, and I do. But after a while it wants an update again..

Einar

Comment

Einar,

This looks like there is a lot going the wrong way here... the nagging for the update you are getting could come from a Gen1 Philips bridge, am I right on that? In that case, on the Configuration tab, in the Miscelannios area, disable checks for the upgrade, there are no more updates comming for this bridge. And Philips changed the update proces, so probably that is causing this issue. I saw the same issue occuring in the beta version of the plugin - and it is solved there.
                  I think the best process for now it to stop the plugin, and remove all JowiHue devices, the bridge itself included, lights, sensors and groups. Make sure the plugin is not running during that time.

After you have done that, start the plugin. It will start and be silent for a bit, but when it sees the bridge, it should recognise its registration and recreate all devices. After it is finished all that, let it run for at least 20 minutes. It might be good to do another restart after that, to make sure everything is still ok.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Up and running again.

Thanks again Wim for such a quick response,

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    ... the nagging for the update you are getting could come from a Gen1 Philips bridge, am I right on that?
                    I don't think so. I bought it new a couple of months ago. It is the square box design.

The procedure you outlined does seem to have scared off the gremlins. Now it looks like everything is working as expected and the log looks clean. This looks like the swiss army knife of plugins, great job Wim!

Comment

Working...
                    X