Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Intergration with a PBX or a PABX ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Intergration with a PBX or a PABX ??

Hi All!Ive just been thinking about installing a PBX / PABX system in my house either conventional ( with serial port ) or an IP based system i havent decided yet, i know if atall it will only be in HS3 but would it be possible to view and control such a system through homeseer ??

As Homeseer can control/read serial ports and can be programmed to communicate over IP, it's possible. That said, I do not believe there is anything currently written for this type of hardware so would require a custom plugin or script (depending on the functionality).
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      As Homeseer can control/read serial ports and can be programmed to communicate over IP, it's possible. That said, I do not believe there is anything currently written for this type of hardware so would require a custom plugin or script (depending on the functionality).
      the functionality i want is -

- caller ID
      - i want to be able to call/page all the extensions including the P.A extension
      - and i want to beable to control all through HSTouch

there the main things i can think of ATM, but i really wanna have full intergration

Michael Johnson

Comment

I'm thinking IP would be better as then everythings on one big network??

Comment

On general basis, I'd say if there's a choice between Serial or TCP/IP connections, then get the latter.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Not sure what all you want to do with PBX integration but there is a lot that can be done without a dedicated plugin. I have a Panasonic PBX which passes caller ID from all lines to a single analog port where way2call can see it. This is also the connection that permits both paging and dialing outside calls.

Because is is an analog system I was able to put loop detect relays on the audio pair to each extension. This tells me when a given extension is off-hook and lets Homeseer mute the Sonos music player for that room.

It is also easy detect when the doorbell rings or the mail comes and have HS page all phones in the house, including the PA extension, to say which door it is etc.

I'm not sure what additional functionality you would get with a serial interface and some of this stuff would actually be harder to do with a digital or VOIP system.

Comment

I wrote some simple scripts several years ago to connect my BT Inspiration pabx using the SMDR interface.

I only implemented simple call logging and some status devices etc but believe more can be done.

An a more modern switch would be nice but at a cost and I found that most of the protocols were not publically available... which may have changed now however.

David
              ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

If you don't have anything installed now, definitely go the IP PBX route. There are many free or nearly free PBXs out there based on Asterisk, SIPx, and others. Some for Linux, some for Windows. Make sure it's SIP based, and you'll be able to integrate HomeSeer much easier (see Stipus' SIP plugin). On-hook/off-hook and other events will be much easier to get into HS also with an IP PBX.

I've been in the telecom field for many years, and have installed analog, digital, and IP PBXs, and tried to integrate all. Trust me on the IP part.
                HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post

I've been in the telecom field for many years, and have installed analog, digital, and IP PBXs, and tried to integrate all. Trust me on the IP part.

Comment

You don't have to go with POTS cards; in fact I recommend avoiding them. You can get cheap SIP FXO gateways to connect your POTS lines. Linksys and others have them. For the extensions, you can either purchase IP phones (many low cost options out there) or use an FXS gateway to convert SIP to analog extensions.
                    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Comment

WOW, that was hard to read - do you speak like that!?!?!?

You can often reverse engineer any switch protocol by watching the serial port conversations... not usually that difficult.

If you want a cheap hybrid (analogue, digital and VOIP) PABX then check out the BT Versatility - they can be had for not much money.

I have just swapped over my Inspiration for a versatility - and I am well happy.

The versatility supports IP trunks and softphones as well as supporting a degree on unified messaging.

Guess what my xmas task is? - make it speak to HS...

David

Comment

Do I really speak like that?

Hi Bestgear, absolutely not, X London boy made good, know what I mean geezer!
                          Has anybody had anything to do with PBX In A Flash, just curious.
                          Peter.

Comment

I realize the last post here was in 2012, but here is my 2 cents.

Control of a PBX or PABX from Homeseer is going to depend on if the system is capable of being controlled externally. The phone system I have in my house has two ports. One is a programming port and the other is an SMDR port. The data sent to the SMDR port can be captured to a script and do things like mute music in the room that a call was answered in. You could capture the caller ID data and display it on an HSTouch screen.

Ken

Comment

Here goofing around some I've installed Asterisk on one of the touchscreens and a softphone on another running Linux.

The one's that I use have microphones and it worked fine. It would make for a nice little intercom (as a introduction of sorts).

I am pushing these devices a bit running HSTouch, XBMC (streaming live TV) and yesterday tried Squeezelite. I don't have a variety right now of any TTS speech fonts such that Squeezelite does offer the feature of speaker proxy. I can stream live TV to 720 but not 1080. That said the device also has a mini pcie slot and I have installed a Broadcom Crystal HD card in one such that I can stream 1080 live TV on it and it does work.

The touchscreens have built in telephony using DECT. The original OS was made by Avaya and the DECT phones pair up right away running the cloud based Ayava OS. I cannot at this time talk to the DECT phones running Ubuntu 12.10 though. Next pieces is that I have sort of settled on using Grandstream IP HD cams. The one's that I am playing with all have SIP. There was the intent of using video for these touchscreens as they were sold as videotelephony hubs and the attachment for the little camera is on all of these. I have not seen a camera though. It is only a USB camera though as I have checked out the wiring / cables to the inside of the device.

This is sort of a tangent but integrating or using Homeseer with Asterisk would be nice feature add on.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                              X