Fibaro Single Switch 2 reporting invalid binary frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Single Switch 2 reporting invalid binary frame

So I havve tried to include the new Fibaro Single Switch 2 (FGs-213) with the Z-wave plugin version 3.0.1.87 and BETA 3.0.1.94

When using the BETA I received the following: (basically could not add the device)

sep-13 21:16:44 Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 35. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    sep-13 21:16:44 Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 35

When using Z-wave plugin version 3.0.1.87, I managed to add the device but the homeseer log sends a warning whenever I switch the lights on or off with the switch:

sep-13 21:29:20 Z-Wave Warning Probable Invalid (BINARY) Frame Received from Node 39 = 25-03

Any idea what could be causing this? Is there a workaround?

I am using an Aotec Z-wave usb stick. Would a new generation of this usb stick be a solution (as it has zwave plus support) ?

Try adding the device as non-secure.
    Nicolai L

Comment

I am having the same issue with 3.0.1.139, which according to the changelog should have fixed this issue:

" Changed in version 3.0.1.139 (Beta)

* Fixed Fibaro FGS-223 switches attached to S1/S2 now update status in HS ok

However, the issue remains:

09:49:27:6740:[Z-Wave Warning]->Probable Invalid (BINARY) Frame Received from Node 11 = 25-03
      ApplicationCommandHandler from node 11 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY Frame(7)=129

This is frustrating, as the switch now shows ' INVALID VALUE', and scripts checking for ON or OFF no longer work.

Comment

Removing the node and readding it in non-secure mode does seem to work. It remains weird though, this switch has always worked and it seems it suddently stopped working.

Comment

Originally posted by Tozz View Post
          Removing the node and readding it in non-secure mode does seem to work. It remains weird though, this switch has always worked and it seems it suddently stopped working.
          I have the same issue. Non-secure mode seems indeed to work but I don't like to work un-secure. I don't like to remove/add about 15 Fibaro switch modules and modify all my related events.... I run 3.0.1.148 (Beta)now.

Comment

Comment

This has been reported in different posts and with different zwave devices.

Please can anyone of HS respond to these issues or do we have to file a bug report ?

What's the difference between adding secure and non-secure anyway ?
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
              X