No announcement yet.

Beta JowiHue: adding support for RaspBee and ConBee gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a "firmware update" button. But it didn't change anything.

I will install the JowiHue beta soon. :-)

Comment

It does not change anything really visible, but on the backend there are a lot of changes, at this moment n all sorts of sensors (motion and switches).

I am curious on your exeriences, if you plan to start with only raspbee, let me know, you will need a in between beta then as on a initial installation I found a issue (check post from HamsterHauge). If your combining with the existing Philps bridge, there is no issue.

Thanks,

wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

The update firmware button doesn't display any progress but if you VNC to the raspbee you see the firmware update procedure running.

Comment

I have Hue Bridge V1 and RaspBee now.

Now I have to figure out how to move a bulb. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
            I have Hue Bridge V1 and RaspBee now.

Now I have to figure out how to move a bulb. :-)
            Morten,

You have to put the bulb to move close to the RaspBee. Then on the webapp of the RaspBee, go to settings and press the scan for devices button - that is the same as the touchlink process from Philips. After a bit of waiting it will show a set of devices it found. It will also show the uniqueid. In the properties page for the device in HS3 on the JowiHue tab you can see the uniqueid of the bulb to move.
            In the deCONZ webapp page you should be able to find the same. You can press blink to confirm. Then choose to reset the device.

Then press "Open network" in the webapp, or press "scan for lights (or sensors) in the configuration page of the plugin. It should then move the light. Be aware, the plugin can do this now, but make sure to move lights one by one. Wait for the light to ve moved in the HS3 log?

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

First bulb moved. Looks fine.

Comment

Every 2 seconds I get this i the log:

aug-27 22:14:11 JowiHue Bridge HN hue has been upgraded. Current version: 01038802 api:1.16.0

Comment

Morten,

I am looking into it. Philips changed the update process and I guess I missed something for the Gen1 Bridge. Will PM you when I found a solution.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

@Bill,

I am trying to answer your mail, but my mailprovider seem to have issues. I will answer it here, so you at least know the status:

I rechecked the rename of sensors just now and the REST API does return the new name for the device. So it arrives at the gateway and is processed there.
                    But the deCONZ interface it does not show the new name, only after a restart it shows the new name, in my case showing only for the temperature sensor.... confusing still, but I guess this is an issue for deCONZ. I will ask how far they got, but up until now I see that they are working on the sensor, so it might be work in progress.

Maybe you can test the same? Rename the temperature device and restart deCONZ?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim.

I might be blind. :-) But I can not figure out how to move at Hue Dimmer to RaspBee?

Regards
                      Morten

Comment

Morten,

If you mean the Dimmer Switch, it is quite easy. Press the scan for devices button for the RaspBee and press the reset button on the backside of the Dimmer switch for approximately 10 seconds.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Yes it's the dimmer switch.

Will the Hue Bridge not think it still has it if i reset it without excluding?

Regards
                          Morten

Comment

Morten,

The plugin has to be active during this proces, if it sees the dimmer move, it will take care of removing it from the old bridge.
                            The Dimmerswitch itself will no longer contact the Philips bridge, so even if the move is not removing the dimmer from the Philips bridge, it will be 'stale' in the philips bridge and never get triggered.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim.

I now control on/off on a Z-Wave dimmer with Hue dimmer remote via RaspBee and HS events.

The Hue app don't see the moved dimmer. I think it went well.

Regards
                              Morten

Comment

Morten,

Good to hear it works now. If the plugin starts moving lights or sensors, it is mentioning it in the HS3 log, so that is where you can find the confirmation.

I experienced an issue here with the move of light, so it still a work in proces. The move went well, but it was complaining on a group. But a restart solved it for now here. Almost 100%

Wim
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X