Alexa volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa volume

Can i have HS3 to change the volume of Alexa.

I would like to turn the Alexa volume down at night, so that she does not talk so loud as during the day.

I dont like that i have to turn her down using the buttons on the Dot.
    I would like this automated from HS.
    Is this possible?

I dont know of a way to do this, but am subscribing in case someone knows...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

You can just tell Alexa - turn down the volume, or volume 1 for the lowest. I believe it ranges from 1 to 10. As well, there is base and treble control you can set the same way.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        You can just tell Alexa - turn down the volume, or volume 1 for the lowest. I believe it ranges from 1 to 10. As well, there is base and treble control you can set the same way.

Robert
        Yep - I do that all the time, but you cant do this from HS.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

You could schedule a homeseer event to speak a phrase if you have the homeseer speaker clients setup and audio throughout the house. My dots seem to work with this idea, but haven't setup any official events to do something, its all been just experimentation so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MPodlin View Post
            You could schedule a homeseer event to speak a phrase if you have the homeseer speaker clients setup and audio throughout the house. My dots seem to work with this idea, but haven't setup any official events to do something, its all been just experimentation so far.
            Not useble for me.
            Have no speaker clients nor do i want to hear this every night and morning.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post

Robert
              My hole point is that i dont want to do it manually.
              It should be automated.

Comment

I have my echo connected to my stereo system. I control the stereo volume via HS3. This allows me to play bedtime music and gradually reduce the volume to 0. The volume is returned to the default level after Alexa quits playing (3-4 hours for most Amazon playlists).

I have used this approach for many years before Echo came along. It was very easy to hook up Alexa; just plug and play.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
                X