This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker VR wants to schedule all events in the future

I recently set up VR through the Speaker. I can get it to acknowledge VR events, but after confirmation, it always replies

"Speak (LAPTOPefault):OK, scheduling all kitchen on to be run in the future."

This happens for all events, I don't see any delayed events, and they never appear to execute.

I can't find any reference to "future events" in the help or in the message boards. Has anyone else seen (heard) this?

Ross what version of HomeSeer are you running? If it's one of the new beatas there are some new options for speaking in the setup menu > general tab.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp
      I don't see any options that would relate to this, in this version. Do you mean a later beta may have resolved this?

Ross

Comment

Originally posted by scotsglen
        Hi Rupp
        I don't see any options that would relate to this, in this version. Do you mean a later beta may have resolved this?

Ross
        Ross,
        The latest beta will allow you to edit what the VR confirmation says but what you are seeing is simply HS confirming that the event you set up will take place in the future.

Comment

Hi Rupp-
          The version I had already allowed changing the confirmation. In the situation I had, everything worked (proper attention, regognition, all that) it would just confirm for every event "OK, I'll schedule it in the future" and the event would not become a delayed event, or ever get executed.

In any case, I wish there was some way to try and track these down other than updating. I updated to 2.1.158 for both HS and Speaker and now it appears to be working correctly.

This update to 2.x has been quite painful, at least for an old hack.

Thanks for the help

Ross

Comment

Originally posted by scotsglen
            Hi Rupp-
            The version I had already allowed changing the confirmation. In the situation I had, everything worked (proper attention, regognition, all that) it would just confirm for every event "OK, I'll schedule it in the future" and the event would not become a delayed event, or ever get executed.

In any case, I wish there was some way to try and track these down other than updating. I updated to 2.1.158 for both HS and Speaker and now it appears to be working correctly.

This update to 2.x has been quite painful, at least for an old hack.

Thanks for the help

Ross
            Ross,
            If you are not using HS version 2.1.104 you are going to run into all kinds of trouble. All the other versions are beta and there are things broken in most of the betas.

Comment

Working...
            X