Where the heck is my Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the heck is my Homeseer?

I had some DSL modem issues here and I tried a few things and now I can't find my HS server on 192.168.1.2. I think I did the same stupid thing a few years ago and I don't remember how to find it. HS boots and says the "Web Server is disconnected" I do have Internet access from that box but can't find or reset the IP address for that box. And yes I may have unclicked "No Binding" as a way to get things running.
    As usual not a HS error but operator error!!!
    Thanks

You do not need binding set to yes unless you have multiple ipaddress. Can you do an ipconfig from a dos prompt to find your ipaddress? Also do you have the option "Enable Server for Remote Access: " set to yes in the Setup > Web Server tab
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My HS box is set to 192.168.1.100
      I have "No Binding" set.
      I can access the internet or HS by changing the network settings or by choosing the option "automatically obtain and IP address". But I can't seem to both at the same time.
      Thanks
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by deverson1 View Post
        My HS box is set to 192.168.1.100
        I have "No Binding" set.
        I can access the internet or HS by changing the network settings or by choosing the option "automatically obtain and IP address". But I can't seem to both at the same time.
        Thanks
        Dave
        I'm confused. What do you mean by "I can access the internet or HS by changing the network settings " What do you have to change to get one working vs the other?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If I type in an IP address such as 192.168.1.2 in the TCPIP properties I can access the HS box. If I click on an Internet icon I get a "cannot connect" error. If I choose "obtain an IP address automatically" from the tcpip properties I can connect to the internet but can't access HS. HS is loading up but no web pages are, or can be displayed. The log shows the web srever was enabled and the next line is that it was disconnected from the web server.
          Thanks
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X