This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Conflict

Hi, I notice that every filename,settings etc change name to conflict.

Logfilename, database, ini-files are all including conflict in the filename.

Example.
    homeseer_conflict-20130214-130419.mdb

All my plugins ini files are now named.
    hspi_twittseer_conflict-20130224-214550.ini
    Jon00HTML2Image_conflict-20130224-220547.ini
    hspi_smsc_conflict-20130303-005158.ini

Some configuration pages gives asp.net error Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX_conflict-20130303-003307' could not be loaded.

I have uninstalled Squeezebox plugin and restart computer but it's same error.

On my last 14 years with homeseer I never seen a problem like this before so I am litle confused.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

I've never seen this before. Looks like some update or similiar decided to rename all of your files (fat fingered "me first" overzealous scripting I would suppose).

That said rather than "play" and try to fix the issue; I would fall back on a backup before said issue arose.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete, yes very strange. It mostly works but if I try to switch back to the original names, it becomes just new conflict files and some name with restored_conflict files.
      I notice that some of my vb.net script was also renamed.

The only thing I've done last 30 days is to upgrade the Squeezebox plugin in updater.
      --
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

There is also that stuff that goes on when running 32 bit applications on a 64bit machine that might have something to do with your issue.

I think many users went to putting Homeseer on the root directory of their 64bit box for similiar reasons...but now I don't recall specfics as its been a long time since I have played with a running 64 bit Homeseer box.

You would almost be better off running a virtual 32 bit xp setup in your 64bit W7 box; that is me though and my personal opinion though.
        Last edited by Pete; March 3, 2013, 12:59 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I agree for it seems to be a relationship to the roaming directory under users at that date and if I click further, I come to homeseer directory that I have directly under the root.

I have vmware workstation installed which I run Ubuntu. I also think I have a windows XP pro license remains.

However, I have ultimate but I have experienced that xp mode deteriorated windows 7, thats why I prefer vmware.

I have solved the issue and I think everything is back on track, I backup the HS folder, search for conflict-* and delete all the files. Change to correct name in settings.ini and startup without any issue. Deleted total 2,7Gb that contains conflict filename.

No other files on the hardisk have conflict filename.
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Good news there Tony!

2.7 Gb is a lot of files.

Personally I like VMware better too and this comes from testing applications running in both worlds and relating to benchmarking etc in a real world (work) environment....that is me though and old age crankiness associated with "insolent" software.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
            X