Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integrate Android Tasker with Homeseer (Old Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been working through the setup process for the new plugin, everything was going fine until I got to the part of installing the Tasker plugin in Homeseer. I moved the update_overide.txt file into Homeseer's root directory like I've done with other packages but when it tried to install the plugin I got this:

Dec-27 9:23:09 PM Updater Error downloading file: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
      Been working through the setup process for the new plugin, everything was going fine until I got to the part of installing the Tasker plugin in Homeseer. I moved the update_overide.txt file into Homeseer's root directory like I've done with other packages but when it tried to install the plugin I got this:

Dec-27 9:23:09 PM Updater Error downloading file: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
      Try again, the zipped file did not inherit iis rights.
      Have to sleep now, time is 4:11 AM here. God luck
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

That fixed it, was able to download and install the plugin. Finished setting everything up and so far it works good. From the phone it recognizes and sends the speech to HomeSeer, turns the lights on and off.

I knew it wouldn't (unless rooted) but it doesn't catch the speech from my watch. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon without the need to root and change the speech API.
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Still trying to get things set up how are you getting it to send speech to HS

Also have you tried sending any of the commands from the plug in to the device I see a pop up message on my phone but the device doesn't respond to it

Cheers Ken
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

OK got the basics setup but not sure how to control HS from tasker with this If any one can give more input here it would be awesome for a non computer guy like me that really needs help on this one

Thanks Ken
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
              OK got the basics setup but not sure how to control HS from tasker with this If any one can give more input here it would be awesome for a non computer guy like me that really needs help on this one

Thanks Ken
              Hi Ken, if you have the communication working do the following.
              Create an new task from Application tab.
              Press +, Select Variables, Variable Set
              Enter %HSCommand in Name, in the To field, put the function name you have setup in tonlof_tasker2hs.ini

If you need to send devicestring to hs3 use %HSSetdevicestring to a value.

A tip is to create a new project tab and not work in HS3 tab. If there is an update on HS3 project file it will overwrite your own work in HS3 tab.

[Sms]
              Droid.Speak=
              Droid.Play=
              HS.SetDeviceStringRefID=10
              HS.SetDeviceValueRefID=10
              HS.Event=
              HS.DeviceValue=
              HS.Speak=Incomming sms from $$DTR:10:
              HS.SpeakHost=*:*
              Attached Files
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                Still very interested in getting tasker to control Homeseer. Specifically want to talk to my Android Wear (moto 360) to control Homeseer!

Speakdoid for HS3 and Android Wear would be a dream come true, lol.

Any chance?

Thanks.
                Here's how I user tasker to interface with HS3:

In tasker HTTP Get:

http://uname:pwd@hs3url/HomeSeer_RES...m1=3&param2=On
                turns on device with ID=3

http://uname:pwd@hs3url/HomeSeer_RES...t&param1=Event Name
                triggers event

For device status use HTTP Get:

http://uname:pwd@hs3url/HomeSeer_RES...obyid&param1=3
                gets status of device with ID=3

then
                variable set %device to %HTTPD
                variable split %device splitter =
                variable split %device5 splitter "
                status will be in %device52

Get HomeSeer_REST_API and see how to setup and other things that can be done from:
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163200

Comment

Hi Tony,
                  I'm testing your creation :-)
                  Very good job!
                  So, about speech command (speechdorid), in the previous version (for HS2) was no necessary to use "autovoice", all was simple, creating only a .ini file configuration for usa "personal" words... now, with this new plugin, do I need to use "autovoice"? (so I have to program autovoice...)

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
                    Hi Tony,
                    I'm testing your creation :-)
                    Very good job!
                    So, about speech command (speechdorid), in the previous version (for HS2) was no necessary to use "autovoice", all was simple, creating only a .ini file configuration for usa "personal" words... now, with this new plugin, do I need to use "autovoice"? (so I have to program autovoice...)
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I just build an SpeechDroid app that you can test if you don't wan't 24/7 recognition. With the app you don't need to say wake command before.
                      http://goo.gl/fpxqbV
                      You must have download and import HS3 tasker profile + run the initial setup.
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Tony,
                        I have update the .ini file adding "oncommands=on|power up|turn on|accendi" "accendi" ("turn on" in italian).
                        Ok, installed and activated autovoice (pro version). Created a "tasker speechdorid" button shortcut on my smartphone.
                        I press button, and I say "accendi, luce, cucina" (turn on, light, kitchen) but there is no result. I have "Receive possible command: accendi luce cucina, accendi luce in cucina" but nothing.
                        Some other setting in .ini file? I remember that last version work without set the rooms...

Comment

Tony,
                          I have update the .ini file adding "oncommands=on|power up|turn on|accendi" "accendi" ("turn on" in italian).
                          Ok, installed and activated autovoice (pro version). Created a "tasker speechdorid" button shortcut on my smartphone.
                          I press button, and I say "accendi, luce, cucina" (turn on, light, kitchen) but there is no result. I have "Receive possible command: accendi luce cucina, accendi luce in cucina" but nothing.
                          Some other setting in .ini file? I remember that last version work without set the rooms...
                          If connection is okey you should atleast get, did not understand and your words read to you. Are you on same network with wifi or over 3g/4g? Have you got any popup box on your device with the IP that HS3 plugin sent?
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                            If connection is okey you should atleast get, did not understand and your words read to you. Are you on same network with wifi or over 3g/4g? Have you got any popup box on your device with the IP that HS3 plugin sent?
                            I'm on the same net (home wireless).
                            The only pop up that I can see it is the autovoice popup tath indicate me the voice recognition ("accendi luce cucina"). So, autovoice recognize my voice, but I don't see any popup of transmission the commando to homeseer.
                            If I use homeseer to command my smartphone it work fine (I tried with vibration, I can see the popup and the phone vibrate). I think I have to set something to send command FROM smartphone TO homeseer (now seems that work in other direcion: FROM homeseer TO smartphone it's ok).

Thanks a lot!

Comment

I'm on the same net (home wireless).
                              The only pop up that I can see it is the autovoice popup tath indicate me the voice recognition ("accendi luce cucina"). So, autovoice recognize my voice, but I don't see any popup of transmission the commando to homeseer.
                              If I use homeseer to command my smartphone it work fine (I tried with vibration, I can see the popup and the phone vibrate). I think I have to set something to send command FROM smartphone TO homeseer (now seems that work in other direcion: FROM homeseer TO smartphone it's ok).

Thanks a lot!
                              Okey, it can depend on different things but let check some. Go to Tasker plugin and select Tools tab, press Force IP Check, wait few secs. Press Broadcast IP to all devices.
                              Do you get any popup box now?

Second thing, in Tasker Profiles, locate First Time Setup, enable it and wait up to 2 minutes intil you got an installation popup. Or force the start inside the profile.

Also, how are you run Speech Droid? The app in post #85? Or from Speech Droid in Tasker Task? If you use the later, there is a new Hs3 Project to download that fix this. (You need to delete HS3 project before you can inport the new one.) So if you do any own work, please make them in own Project so you not lose them on update.
                              Attached Files
                              --
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                                Hi Ken, if you have the communication working do the following.
                                Create an new task from Application tab.
                                Press +, Select Variables, Variable Set
                                Enter %HSCommand in Name, in the To field, put the function name you have setup in tonlof_tasker2hs.ini

If you need to send devicestring to hs3 use %HSSetdevicestring to a value.

A tip is to create a new project tab and not work in HS3 tab. If there is an update on HS3 project file it will overwrite your own work in HS3 tab.

[Sms]
                                Droid.Speak=
                                Droid.Play=
                                HS.SetDeviceStringRefID=10
                                HS.SetDeviceValueRefID=10
                                HS.Event=
                                HS.DeviceValue=
                                HS.Speak=Incomming sms from $$DTR:10:
                                HS.SpeakHost=*:*
                                Ok, I tried to set one up and still getting no where when I trigger the task I get a pop up on my phone screen "No response from homeseer! Error code: -1

What am I missing here

Thanks Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X