Controlling Tasker with HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Tasker with HS3?

Lots of people have talked about controlling HS with Tasker but is anyone doing the inverse? I would like to have HS get Tasker to do things like mute my phone when I'm in bed and so forth. I'm imagining that this would take a Tasker plugin though.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

No plugin needed but not the most straightforward of things to do, it has probably been over a year since I messed with tasker (having gone over to an iPhone and tasker is my big regret) but there was a task to do a HTTP GET and then evaluate that data. It should be possible to host a small file on the server (or use one of the existing scripts) and in this file have data about the status of some sort of device based on whether you are asleep or awake, then in tasker evaluate this data and control the mute status. Downside is that it would not be instant and reliant on some sort of recurring call to your HS server.

Comment

Hmm some pretty big downsides. I'm going to have to meditate on this one it seems.

Comment

With autoremote plug in to Tasker this is easy.
        I use this to activate the Android tablet when motion is detected in room.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
          With autoremote plug in to Tasker this is easy.
          I use this to activate the Android tablet when motion is detected in room.
          Could you please elaborate?

Comment

Check this thread http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167404
            The same principle applies to hs3.

With auto remote you can pass messages to the phone and use them to trigger events in Tasker.

Comment

Working...
            X