Alarm from Phone to Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm from Phone to Homeseer

Hi, i just got started with Tasker, and ill be honest, its intimidating !!

im trying to pass the next alarm variable to homeseer whenever the alarm is changed so that i can trigger a wake up event at the right time and only on the days that i have an alarm set.

it looks like i can do this with Tasker and this plugin but i have no idea how to get started with that.

could you point me in the right direction?

thanks
    Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Hi Raptor,
    I'm not so sure of what you really want but can you take a look here:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174452
    You may be able to find your way around to your problem.

Good luck.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Hello Raptor,

There is already an function in HS3 Samples tab under profiles.
      Profilename is "Alarm Clock", when your phone trigger alarm it will call hs3 event AlarmClock. You may need to create the Hs3 event AlarmClock
      Maybe this is not what you are looking for?
      You may also check the Android Tasker plugin AutoAlarm that have a lot more functions that you can integrate with tasker and hs3 plugin.

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
      Hi, i just got started with Tasker, and ill be honest, its intimidating !!

im trying to pass the next alarm variable to homeseer whenever the alarm is changed so that i can trigger a wake up event at the right time and only on the days that i have an alarm set.

it looks like i can do this with Tasker and this plugin but i have no idea how to get started with that.

could you point me in the right direction?

thanks
      Raptor
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
        Hello Raptor,

There is already an function in HS3 Samples tab under profiles.
        Profilename is "Alarm Clock", when your phone trigger alarm it will call hs3 event AlarmClock. You may need to create the Hs3 event AlarmClock
        Maybe this is not what you are looking for?
        You may also check the Android Tasker plugin AutoAlarm that have a lot more functions that you can integrate with tasker and hs3 plugin.
        Hi,

thanks for that. there are so many options in this tool it can be overwhelming!

i tried to trigger it but it doesn't seem to work.

what am i doing wrong.?
        thanks
        Raptor
        Attached Files
        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

Hi Raptor,
          Newer versions of Android don't seem to respond to the built in Tasker Alarm function. I used to use what you showed here before and that stopped working.

So have you tried this:

There is an Android app (AlarmPad). Install this and configure your alarms. I use this because newer versions of Android don't seem to trigger the alarm in Tasker. So this app is a remedy for that.

- Create a new profile in tasker and choose plugin : AlarmPad event Alarm Triggered

- Configuration : Alarm Triggered

- add task (optional) WOL. This app has a Tasker plugin so set up the computers you want to wake up before you add.

- add task: Variable set
          %HSSetdevicestring to: Alarm Triggered
          %HSSetdevicevalue to : 1
          %HsRef to : your device
          %HSCommand to : DeviceUpdate

N.B this profife dosen't serem to do EXIT task

b)
          - Create a new profile in tasker and choose plugin : AlarmPad event Alarm Dismissed

- add task: Valiable set
          %HSSetdevicestring to: Alarm Dismissed
          %HSSetdevicevalue to : 0
          %HsRef to : your device (created earlier)
          %HSCommand to : DeviceUpdate

There is a new Spud's plugin (Easy Trigger). Use that to run events in HomeSeer based on the strings (Alarm Triggered and Alarm Dismissed)
          I use this one to wake up the systems so by the time get to the living room the News is ready on KODI/XBMC. You can adapt to you own liking.

Regards.

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
            Hi Raptor,
            Newer versions of Android don't seem to respond to the built in Tasker Alarm function. I used to use what you showed here before and that stopped working.
            Awesome! thanks, thats what i needed, it seems to work now.

Tasker is just so powerful it can be overwhelming.

is there a way to have it trigger say 1 minute before the alarm?

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
              Awesome! thanks, thats what i needed, it seems to work now.

Tasker is just so powerful it can be overwhelming.

is there a way to have it trigger say 1 minute before the alarm?

Hi Raptor,

I had a closer look at ALARMPAD app. (It's a beast in it's own rights) But I think the feature you are asking for is to do with scheduling which you can do on the calender side of of the app (AlarmPad)
              There is a good read here:http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/wake-in...pad-just-wake/

There is an option (Alarm Early Notification) on the Tasker side of the AlamPad plugin but I just don't seem to see or how to configure it.
              But if you do find it then set your Tasker Plugin Profile as below:-

Event :

Alarm Early Notification

Then create

Task:

1. Variable Set
              %HSSetdevicestring To Alarm Early Notification
              2.Variable Set
              %HHSSetdevicevalue To 1
              3.Variable Set
              %HsRef To..........."Your Deive"
              4.Variable Set
              %HSCommand To DeviceUpdate

And then you can reset the device value to 0 using the the Alarm Dismissed Profile.

You can also look at Spud's HomeSeer Plugin which will help you to tie all things together. Found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173836

Hope that helps.

Eman.

Comment

Working...
              X