Trigger even to run tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger even to run tomorrow?

I have an event scheduled for 3:00pm each day. Sometimes I know I will not want the event to trigger tomorrow at 3:00pm. Not always the same day

Is there any simple way to have an event trigger tomorrow (next Day) if I have an event triggered today?

This event is triggered manually at different times of the day (Between 7:00am and 11:00pm) to set a counter to 1. No matter when it is triggered I wish another event to trigger at 3:00pm the next day?

Right now I am using a counter to register that the first event has been triggered. It sets to 1.
    I have a second event that runs at 6:30am. If the counter is 1 it changes the counter to 2.

At 2:55pm I have a event to see if the counter is 2. If so then counter is reset to zero

Then at 3:00pm if the counter is back to zero the event will run

Haven't tried this but from a bookmark...

1st event

If Manually triggered
    Then ..do stuff..
    Then run script immediate &hs.EnableEvent "2nd event"

2nd event
    If time is 3:00PM
    Then ..do stuff..
    Then run script immediate &hs.DisableEvent "2nd event"

The 2nd event will only run once, then disable itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jquincy View Post
      I have an event scheduled for 3:00pm each day. Sometimes I know I will not want the event to trigger tomorrow at 3:00pm. Not always the same day

Is there any simple way to have an event trigger tomorrow (next Day) if I have an event triggered today?

This event is triggered manually at different times of the day (Between 7:00am and 11:00pm) to set a counter to 1. No matter when it is triggered I wish another event to trigger at 3:00pm the next day?

Right now I am using a counter to register that the first event has been triggered. It sets to 1.
      I have a second event that runs at 6:30am. If the counter is 1 it changes the counter to 2.

At 2:55pm I have a event to see if the counter is 2. If so then counter is reset to zero

Then at 3:00pm if the counter is back to zero the event will run
      I think your counter solution is as easy as anything. As you have it now your 3:00PM event will run any time the counter is at 0 which would mean it would run every day until the first event sets it to 1. I think the 2:55PM Event is unnecessary and could cause problems. Setting the counter at 1 when the first event runs is good. Setting it to 2 if it is 1 the next morning at 6:55 prevents the second from running prematurely if the first event ran before 3:00PM. I would have the 3:00PM Event with a condition that the counter is at 2. The actions would be the same as your 3:00PM event and would also reset the counter to 0. With this logic the second event will run the next day at 3:00PM only if the first event ran the day before.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
        Haven't tried this but from a bookmark...

1st event

If Manually triggered
        Then ..do stuff..
        Then run script immediate &hs.EnableEvent "2nd event"

2nd event
        If time is 3:00PM
        Then ..do stuff..
        Then run script immediate &hs.DisableEvent "2nd event"

The 2nd event will only run once, then disable itself.
        The only problem with this logic is if the first event runs before 3:00PM, the second one will run the same day.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Does the scheme you are using work reliably? There may be a more elegant solution, but is there another reason you would like to find an alternative?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

It is working fine. Took me a while to figure it out so thought there might be a simpler solution. I have a step son that goes to his fathers from time to time so wanting to avoid completely cooling or heating the upstairs on days or nights he isn't going to be here.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X