Zwave - Two Interfaces for network, Missing Nodes on one interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave - Two Interfaces for network, Missing Nodes on one interface

I have two Zwave interfaces, a ZNET, and a Aeon Labs Z-Stick. I have had this config for about two years, recently and new device in the last two months is added only to the ZNET and missing from Zstick.

It is directly observable from the zwave config page. One has 44 nodes the other has 46. On the device listing sometimes nodes are missing. And sometime the nodes are there but there is a note in red "Uses Interface: Main ZNET (1)The node is missing from Z Stick."

Node Sync function does not fix this.

Does anyone have sugestions?

<Yes I have added and removed several devices in troubleshooting already.>

Feb-05 5:37:19 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET is the SIS for the network.
    Feb-05 5:37:19 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
    Feb-05 5:37:19 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET Controller is static lib.
    Feb-05 5:37:19 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET Controller chip type is ZW050x.
    Feb-05 5:37:19 PM Z-Wave The interface's security support has been set.
    Feb-05 5:37:19 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Found 46 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (Main ZNET)
    Feb-05 5:37:19 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: C30E2046
    Feb-05 5:37:19 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
    Feb-05 5:37:17 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Controller firmware version: 4.32
    Feb-05 5:37:17 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
    Feb-05 5:37:15 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Getting node information from controller...
    Feb-05 5:37:14 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.0.12, connected to interface ok.
    Feb-05 5:37:14 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feb-05 5:37:14 PM Z-Wave Initializing Z-Wave interface Main ZNET (Ethernet Interface) at 192.168.0.12, port 2001
    Feb-05 5:37:14 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feb-05 5:37:14 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: ============================================================ ==========
    Feb-05 5:37:14 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Exiting Ethernet Communications Thread
    Feb-05 5:37:13 PM Z-Wave Z Stick: Contacting the SIS at node 1 to get the latest network topology.
    Feb-05 5:37:11 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Controller firmware version: 4.32
    Feb-05 5:37:11 PM Z-Wave Main ZNET: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
    Attached Files

Maybe I am thinking this is not hardware, not sure. Will crosspost to zwave plugin

Comment

"Typically" in a two controller setup you have two networks with some of your nodes on one controller and some on the other to increase coverage. Is there a reason you want both to contain the same nodes and make one of them a secondary controller?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        "Typically" in a two controller setup you have two networks with some of your nodes on one controller and some on the other to increase coverage. Is there a reason you want both to contain the same nodes and make one of them a secondary controller?
        I originally added it to
        a) have redundancy in case of a failure,
        b) have an inclusion device I can walk to hardwired nodes,
        c) firmware updates for AEOTECH products

Coverage is also an option in the future. But even if I wanted to I cant move the new nodes between interfaces. And more troubling it is making node listing fail half the time to show them.

Comment

Working...
        X