X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostatic valve head - Eurotherm spirit 701003

I bought two of these,

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07...1XR5H34F7JE17S

and I'd like to share two things. Maybe it may helps.

- to get it work remotly, you must set the "MODE" device to the value 31. But this value isn't created in the Graphic/values tab. Just have to create it and send the value. Toi be sure, I added a command in the startup.vb.

If you don't do this, the device seems to override remote instructions, and go by itself.

- the second thing to share are some icons that I extrapolated from the lonely one that was provided. Here attached.

Good night,

Michel
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
    I bought two of these,

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07...1XR5H34F7JE17S

and I'd like to share two things. Maybe it may helps.

- to get it work remotly, you must set the "MODE" device to the value 31. But this value isn't created in the Graphic/values tab. Just have to create it and send the value. Toi be sure, I added a command in the startup.vb.

If you don't do this, the device seems to override remote instructions, and go by itself.
    Hi Michel,

I also have one of these which I have been running now for nearly 5 months. I have tried various radiator valves but this is by the far the best in my opinion. It is ZWave Plus and the best thing is that it uses something called FLiRS so that, despite being battery powered, it is effectively always listening and reacts immediately to commands and parameter changes. Compared to the StellaZ it's a breath of fresh air with no polling required. You can configure it to send information such as temperature and valve position.

My only concern was that battery life would be impacted which is why I have been waiting before purchasing any more. So far mine has been running for 4.5 months and the level has dropped steadily to 60%. Time will tell but already it is doing at least as well as my StellaZs.

It included with no problem in HS3. One minor issue, as you noted, is that HS3 doesn't create the Direct Control Mode. I added a device value 31, which then works. It also has an option to use a remote temperature sensor which I didn't get to work, but I have to admit I didn't persevere with that so it might have been user error.

Whilst I mainly have mine operating in Direct Control mode with the valve position controlled from events in HS3, I have tested quite a bit in other modes and it performs reasonably in trying to keep the room at the SetPoint temperature. Certainly on a par with the StellaZs. Graphing room temperature against the temp reported by the Spirit I find that when the radiator is cold the stat reports 2 or 3 degrees below room temp but when the radiator is hot it reports close to room temp. This is obviously how they are calibrated to cope with being close to a heat source and it seems to work fairly well in practice when left to control the valve by itself.

Steve

Comment

I just wanted to add to this, having just set one of these up after wasting lots of time and money on the Fibaro Heat Controller...

I found it includes and works perfectly with HomeSeer (currently running beta .423 and Wave plugin .206), with the exception of the value 31 being configured as a possible value in the mode selection as outlined above.

I have got it working with an external Wave sensor (an old Danfoss HRT4-ZW with HomeSeer used to set an association between its Group 5 and the Spirit). The 'gotcha' is that the Spirit still reports it's own sensed temperature and not the values it receives from the external sensor. It does, however, control the temperature according to the received temperature measurements.

Just need to source a more discreet Wave temperature sensor that is either mains powered or a bit lighter on batteries and supports sending it's temperature measurements via Wave association. Any recommendations anyone? (UK based).

Cheers,

Jon.
      Last edited by Jon798; March 21, 2018, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 15.41.44.png Views:	15 Size:	118.8 KB ID:	1462631Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 15.34.42.png Views:	14 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	1462632
        Thank you so much Michelob... I've been trying to figure this out for ages! And thanks for the icons too. (What, may I ask however... is the idea with the Z?)
        (For the 'off' state... one with a little puff of smoke would be cool... if I had any talent, I'd make one!)
        Anyway: very grateful!

I have an additional question related to this... hope you can help me.
        When I add the extra 'Direct Mode' (value 31) to the list of values... whatever I do to the setting of row/columns it gives me the result as in the image above: it doesn't add the value to the pull-down list but creates a separate button.
        (Note that the screen image shows the 0 row and 0 column but whatever I fill in there results in the same extra button)

I am still happy with that if there is no other option... but I am also using HSBuddy and that doesn't handle this so well sadly, hence the question.

I don't understand how it comes to decide to create this pull down list of values in the first place...

Addendum: I have deleted all the entries that were generated by Homeseer when including the radiator valve... and recreated them all manually. Even though it looks exactly the same in the list (see first pic) as it did originally but now for each status a button is created. (HSBuddy now works wonderfully.) The list of values has disappeared. I still wonder how you can make that work.
        Last edited by ebreider; March 18, 2021, 03:32 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Working...
        X