Pango Wi-Fi Active RFID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pango Wi-Fi Active RFID

Anyone looked into this and thought about creating a Plug-In? Looks pretty cool!

http://www.pangonetworks.com/Product...idproducts.htm

Don't know the prices compaired to iAutomate but I could assume it's less since it works over WiFi...

If this thread is factual then you can't buy PanGo tags retail.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=PanGo
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Since I'm a network administrator for a large company that uses a lot of the latest technology, I'm sure I could get a hold of the product without a problem. In fact, a local consulting firm I sometimes use for net technology research is doing a seminar on the product on March 19th.

I guess the problem though is that who would or how could anyone build a plug-in for a product that is not available like the RFID that iAutomate offers.

It would be interesting to follow this product!

Thanks for your reply!

Comment

You could always become a reseller.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

hmmmm..... No thanks! I'll just go with the iAutomate RFID system.

Hey BTW, be sure to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition on April 13th! My company will be on it redoing the a theater in Texes!

Comment

Check out G2 Microsystem's www.g2microsystems.com new active RFID chip using WIFI.

The $12 (in quantity; scheduled to ship 3rd quarter 2006) G2501 chip
            performs active RFD over standard 802.11b WIFI. A complete device is anticipated to cost $25-30 in quantity. A protoype board will be available.

Battery life using two AA's and 40-second between transmissions is projected at 5 years which is much better than other existing WIFI RFD solutions.

Electronic Design (March 30 2006 hard copy edition ) states that chip is programmed through a url and "uses existing WIFI wireless access points on the network, meaning no new network installation is required" if a WIFI network exists. Spatial location of the tag to within 15 feet can be accomplished by triangulation using three WIFI access points, or to within about six feet using ISO 24370/ANSI 371.1 Time Delay of Arrival (TDOA).

The chip also has two standard passive RFD technologies built in: Electronic Product Code (EPC) and a standard 125mhz magnetic. These are powered internally, don't need the WIFI transceiver to turn on and "can talk to other existing RFD systems in their neighborhood".

GPIO, UART, SPI, current loop and ADC interfaces are built-in and on-chip. The latter are specifically designed for sensor interfaces such as temperature, humidity, light, motion using local sensor, security and so on.

Comment

Working...
            X