X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MediaController HS3 beta v3.0.0.6 posted

Changes to Beta v3.0.0.6
    • Mute is fixed
    • File Lame.exe was forgotten so you cannot play an .mp3 announcement.
    • Fixed some potential issues with opening the Samsung Remote TCP port
    • Made some changes around remotes for Sony devices, not sure though it will work better in absence of any Sony TV to test

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
      Hi Dirk,

I'm still having some troubles with the plugin. I've included two log files - After doing a full delete, I recorded to log for the install and add device actions. The second log file is where I closed HS3 and restarted.

I'm getting a few errors in the log I wouldn't mind you having a look at if you get a chance.

So I can get my TV to work with the player, I can play to it using events, but I can't get speech to play, and also I can't get the remote function to work. There are definitely errors in the log relating to this. Errors when trying to use remote are as follows:

My TV is a Samsung UA60H6400 on 192.168.1.20
      My NAS is a Synology on 192.168.1.10
      HS3 is on 192.168.1.3

Thanks for having a look. I'm super keen to get the Samsung remote working.
      Made a few changes wrt opening the TCP port. Not sure why it errors on your setup, do you use VMs or have multiple Ethernet cards? Try again with the newly beta v6. I would recommend that you click on remote off/on and make sure you are in front of your TV when you either start-up the PI or set the remote to on because the first time you need to confirm it on the TV.

I also looked at the announcement. I noted that a change made to HS2, way back when to properly respond to a request from your Samsung TV has not been picked up by HS3. I'm in contact w/ Rich to see if he can add it again. So at this point, no .wav nor .mp3 announcements on a Samsung TV.

Dirk

Comment

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Yup, mute now works - thanks Dirk!

Cheers

J

Comment

thanks for porting this over!

i noticed that the onkyo nr-616 now does not seem to have control of zone 2 or zone 3 via the plugin.

did i do something wrong?
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            thanks for porting this over!

i noticed that the onkyo nr-616 now does not seem to have control of zone 2 or zone 3 via the plugin.

did i do something wrong?
            Did it ever had control? Are we talking DLNA or remote? Maybe some screen shots of what you had and what you are missing.

Dirk

Comment

I'll need to fire up hs2 and see what i had before, it was a while ago.
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Tweak suggestions...

Dirk

Moving my MediaController feedback to this thread as I realised I was posting on the old Sammy Remote thread still.

I installed the MC PI on HS3 Pro running on Ubuntu 13.10, itself running in a VirtualBox VM on a Win 8.1 host!

The basic stuff all seems to populate and I can discover and add a bunch of devices including a Plex Server running on another Ubuntu VM. I see both my Sammy TVs and was able to add them also. I wasn't in front of them when I did this, so I will need to go back to those and delete/re-add when I am home and go through the authorisation step. Various other DLNA servers/devices showed up including my Hue Hub.

A couple of things that would make tinkering / exploring easier:

1. Can you Hyperlink the root "MediaController" plugin item in the installed plugins tab to take you direct to the config page? Many others do this including the HSTouch, Zwave and other 3P plugins

2. On the Config page can you add links to this Forum Thread and the Help Files? No biggie, just makes things easier.

3. As per other thread, the status graphics are referencing files with different names to the ones included in the install zip. Editable by the user, but would be neater to have that fixed on the next BETA release.

I will see what I can get fully working tonight and report back later, but I am quite impressed by what seems to work on Linux out of the box.

For this:
                Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                Going on a tangent here, the new Samsung TVs actually have a lot of features that they make available via UPnP. I believe the E-series and up (and within the series, the Smart TVs which I would think are versions 6xxx and up) support readable objects so you can know what source input is currently in use, DIAL (DIscovery And Launch) protocols allows you to start-up Netflix remotely etc. Of course volume settings from the PI should work with any Samsung TV that supports UPNP. Unfortunately, I don't have a new Samsung TV so I can't play and develop. I was thinking of some "special debug" modes in the HS3 MediaManager version to capture as much as possible that would help me figure out what capabilities it has and add that.

Any takers? This is ONLY in the MediaManager PI though!
                I may be getting a little confused between your PIs. Is MediaManager separate to MediaController? I am certainly interested in being able to launch Netflix directly and I do have an E8000 model Sammy and equivalent BD Player to try on.

Cheers
                James
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                  Dirk

Moving my MediaController feedback to this thread as I realized I was posting on the old Sammy Remote thread still.

I installed the MC PI on HS3 Pro running on Ubuntu 13.10, itself running in a VirtualBox VM on a Win 8.1 host!

The basic stuff all seems to populate and I can discover and add a bunch of devices including a Plex Server running on another Ubuntu VM. I see both my Sammy TVs and was able to add them also. I wasn't in front of them when I did this, so I will need to go back to those and delete/re-add when I am home and go through the authorisation step. Various other DLNA servers/devices showed up including my Hue Hub.

A couple of things that would make tinkering / exploring easier:

1. Can you Hyperlink the root "MediaController" plugin item in the installed plugins tab to take you direct to the config page? Many others do this including the HSTouch, Zwave and other 3P plugins

2. On the Config page can you add links to this Forum Thread and the Help Files? No biggie, just makes things easier.

3. As per other thread, the status graphics are referencing files with different names to the ones included in the install zip. Editable by the user, but would be neater to have that fixed on the next BETA release.

I will see what I can get fully working tonight and report back later, but I am quite impressed by what seems to work on Linux out of the box.

For this:

I may be getting a little confused between your PIs. Is MediaManager separate to MediaController? I am certainly interested in being able to launch Netflix directly and I do have an E8000 model Sammy and equivalent BD Player to try on.

Cheers
                  James
                  Thanks for moving this to the right thread and providing feedback. My apologies for the MediaManager versus MediaController confusion. The PI started out as MediaManager but I noted it would cause confusion with other existing apps AND technically, I don't manage the Media, servers do that, I control Media devices hence the name change. So there is only one PI called MediaController.

I'll fix the packaging of the SW, probably overlooked an image so please report what I missed AND I need to get the installer done, just need to find time.

I'm glad to read that it somewhat behaves talking to an HS3 system running on Linux, I'm sure when you start doing artwork, I'd be surprised I didn't overlook path/directory differences. My remark was more running the PI directly on the Linux machine, how that would play out.

As to the Netflix controlling it remotely, it will be a challenge. Netflix drove a standard to discover what they call 2nd screens and how you talk to it, what is not standardized is WHAT you communicate because that will be between the Netflix app on your PC/Phone and the PC app on the TV. So a lot of tracing may help us figure something out but it will be very risky as Netflix could change this at any time and they everything breaks.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                    As to the Netflix controlling it remotely, it will be a challenge. Netflix drove a standard to discover what they call 2nd screens and how you talk to it, what is not standardized is WHAT you communicate because that will be between the Netflix app on your PC/Phone and the PC app on the TV. So a lot of tracing may help us figure something out but it will be very risky as Netflix could change this at any time and they everything breaks.
                    Perhaps I misunderstood on what you were suggesting might be possible. I was only looking for a discrete command to launch the Netflix app on my Sammy TV from HS (and for me therefore probably from an iRule screen), rather than having to launch the SmartTV hub first, then navigate to the Netflix app and then open it.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                      I was only looking for a discrete command to launch the Netflix app on my Sammy TV from HS (and for me therefore probably from an iRule screen), rather than having to launch the SmartTV hub first, then navigate to the Netflix app and then open it.
                      If Samsung has implemented DIAL properly (and they are part of the team trying to "standardize" it) you should be able to at least launch the APP. Sony and Roku actually already have it and what I like about what they do is that you can query the device and it will tell you which APPS it has installed so I can show them automatically as HS buttons. However, the latter is not part of the DIAL standard so I'm a bit stuck between implementing a generic standard (which would be useless) and making customer friendly extensions so you could do something with the embedded DIAL functions. Launching the app is as simple as doing an HTTP Post, the tricky part is that you need to know which port and URL to use, that part is covered in the DIAL standard and the PI supports it.

Perhaps we should create separate threads for topics like DIAL, Samsung, Linux and prevent overloading this thread which was more to capture issues with betas.

Dirk

Comment

Ive tried to install Mediacontroller and it worked for 5 minutes and when I looked in the log it said :

"30.06.2014 12:06:52 ~!~Error~!~(1) Unable to initialize interface MediaController :Either no license or trial has expiredStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

and the plugin is not there anymore

how can I solve this?

Comment

Originally posted by ralphie View Post
                          Ive tried to install Mediacontroller and it worked for 5 minutes and when I looked in the log it said :

"30.06.2014 12:06:52 ~!~Error~!~(1) Unable to initialize interface MediaController :Either no license or trial has expiredStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

and the plugin is not there anymore

how can I solve this?
                          1/ can you confirm this is the latest version of the PI? Prior versions are probably past expiry date
                          2/ when you write:"it is not there anymore" what does that mean? If you go to the HS subdirectory, is the file hspi_mediacontroller.exe gone? If so, you need to copy it back. Do you still see it when you click on plugins>Manage? If so what does the screen show (post screen shot)
                          3/ This error is from HS3, not the PI. The PI actually is NOT license protected, so not sure why the error nor why it worked for 5 minutes and then crapped out. Is there anything special to your environment, is it Windows/Linux based, use VMs, did you change the date ..?? When you write, it worked, what worked? What did you do?
                          4/ What else was in the log file?

Dirk

Comment

GOOD NEWS: MediaController PI is now in the updater

The PI is now available through the updater and therefore was removed as a download from this forum.

I do realize I made a minor mistake that I forgot to rename the version so the last posted here was v06 and posted on updater is also v06 despite it having a few changes.

In the latest post (on the updater that is), I added a bunch of UPNP debug/display capabilities allowing you to navigate the individual devices for potentially interesting capabilities. I'll update the help file in the next version.

Have fun

Dirk

Comment

Should this be able to poll status from the Roku's? I sent some events up with triggers based on the roku condition but they're not firing.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                                Should this be able to poll status from the Roku's? I sent some events up with triggers based on the roku condition but they're not firing.
                                Which Roku are we talking about? Not that it matters much, but Roku isn't a DLNA compliant device, it just uses it to get discovered and I added some proprietary extension to turn it into (a one way) remote. Roku does support DIAL (DIscovery And Launch) protocol, which has the capabilities to poll a device whether a specific APP is running or not, but given it has no eventing capabilities, no capabilities to poll its status (only a specific app) so almost impossible to do something useful (generic) with it.

If someone out there knows something more than I do, please add here, be more than happy to look at it but as far as I can tell, only a "remote control" function is available.

Dirk
                                ps the reason I asked for which Roku you are using ... I used to have a Roku2; for which the functions were developed; but fried it a while back when I plugged the wrong ac/dc adapter in it. Bought a Roku3 which should work with this PI, then bought a Roku Stick but for some reason doesn't work with this PI and I seriously suspect that my Roku Stick is hosed (DIAL wise) because I can't control or discover it with any smartphone app so I'd be curious to know whether anybody is using this PI with a Roku Stick

Comment

Working...
                                X