Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having problems with Linear WD500Z-1 Dimmers or is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having problems with Linear WD500Z-1 Dimmers or is it just me?

OK, so I just purchased a bunch of Linear WD500Z-1 dimmers to replace my old X10 devices. I got the first one installed and added it to my Z-Wave network with no problem.

I installed the second one and attempted to add it to the network and my ztroller refused to see it. I tried with the ztroller connected to homeseer as well as with the ztroller disconnected and two inches from the switch. I hit add and hit a button on the dimmer and nothing at all happens... the ztroller just keeps scanning indefinitely. I figure, OK, maybe it's a bad dimmer, but I actually wound up installing and testing with 3 additional dimmers and all of them do the same thing.

I tried deleting the devices in case they came pre-configured, but the same thing happens. I try to delete the device and the ztroller just keeps scanning.

Just for fun I grabbed a plug in dimmer that I had sitting around and I was able to add and remove that device with no problems at all.

I even took a GE handheld remote that I had, set it up as a primary controller, and attempted to add and remove the linear dimmer to that network with the same problem... the remote just doesn't see the dimmer when I attempt to add or delete it.

Am I missing something here or is there an issue with Linear dimmers? If that was the case I don't know why the first one would install and connect to the network without a problem.

I think it's a very fast double-tap to put it into inclusion mode, but I could be confusing it with other switches. Worth a try though :-)

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yeah, that did it. I dunno if I somehow managed to accidentally double tap the first one or if maybe it had an older version of the firmware that only used a single tap, but it looks like I'm good to go now.

Of course, the awesome part is that the directions that came with the dimmers just say to use a single tap to include them.

Thanks again

Comment

Great, glad it worked. I think they did update their process at some firmware level and forgot to update the documentation.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

has anyone been able to make associations work with this switch?
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

I have gotten associations working with this switch. As I recall, it took some effort....make sure the led is lit ( I think I did the double tap??) and keep trying because it will associate.

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
              I have gotten associations working with this switch. As I recall, it took some effort....make sure the led is lit ( I think I did the double tap??) and keep trying because it will associate.
              thanks i will test this.
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
                Any chance you can share more about how you got associations to work?

Comment

Working...
                X