Installing the IP THermostat plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing the IP THermostat plugin

Hi, I run an extensive HS2 installation and don't want to change over immediately to HS3 - but I just added five Honeywell thermostats that I cannot control in HS2. So I've loaded HS3 onto a separate computer and would like to use this instance of HS3 just to manage the thermostats.

I've installed the trail version of IPThermostat, but no devices are created. Perhaps the problem is that I am not "enabling a network" - I'm not sure what that means. Can you clarify?

Thanks.

Same here..

- Plugin enabled & configured -- no devices created
    - HS3 restart -- no devices created
    - Disable Honeywell, save, enable honeywell, save -- no devices created

Enabled debugging: only started working when I manually closed the plugin window
    the plugin then automatically started again..

LOG:
    jul-11 16:29:38 IPThermostat DEBUG3: InitDeviceList: Finished
    jul-11 16:29:38 IPThermostat DEBUG1: InitDeviceList: Entered
    function
    jul-11 16:29:38 IPThermostat DEBUG3: Finished InitThermostatList!
    jul-11 16:29:38 IPThermostat DEBUG2: InitThermostatList: Honeywell Thermostat is enabled
    jul-11 16:29:38 IPThermostat DEBUG1: InitThermostatList: Entered function
    jul-11 16:29:38 IPThermostat DEBUG3: Finished GetLogLevel!
    jul-11 16:29:38 IPThermostat DEBUG1: GetLogLevel: Set HSLogLevel to 5
    jul-11 16:29:38 IPThermostat DEBUG1: GetLogLevel: Entered function
    jul-11 16:29:38 Info Plugin IPThermostat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59202
    jul-11 16:29:37 Warning I/O interface IPThermostat is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
    jul-11 16:29:35 Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\IPThermostat Config Page
    jul-11 16:29:34 Info Plugin IPThermostat with instance: has disconnected

After a while I see this in the log, but still no devices created

jul-11 16:33:38 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Parsing info
    jul-11 16:33:38 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Set credentials for HONEYWELL Server request.
    jul-11 16:31:38 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Parsing info
    jul-11 16:31:38 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Set credentials for HONEYWELL Server request.

What can we do to resolve this?
    Last edited by DJF3; July 11, 2015, 09:29 AM.

Comment

DJF3, what did you mean when you wrote "manually closed the plugin window" to get the plugin working? DO you mean you simply navigated to another page on the HS3 website?

Comment

I've deleted and re-installed the plugin a half dozen times, and it still does not create devices. The log file below shows that the plugin is unable to log into the Honeywell site, but the credentials I have supplied it are correct.

Hope the author of the plugin will see these posts and comment.

Thanks.

Jul-11 6:28:40 PM IPThermostat ERROR: Unable to communicate with HONEYWELL. Are you sure the username and password are correct? --> Error in doPost:The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
        Jul-11 6:28:40 PM IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Parsing info
        Jul-11 6:28:40 PM IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Set credentials for HONEYWELL Server request.
        Jul-11 6:23:40 PM IPThermostat ERROR: Unable to communicate with HONEYWELL. Are you sure the username and password are correct? --> Error in doPost:The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
        Jul-11 6:23:40 PM IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Parsing info
        Jul-11 6:23:40 PM IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Set credentials for HONEYWELL Server request.

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
          DJF3, what did you mean when you wrote "manually closed the plugin window" to get the plugin working? DO you mean you simply navigated to another page on the HS3 website?
          I closed the plugin window ('dosbox'), which then automatically started after a couple of seconds

Comment

OK, thanks. I don't have anything like that - just web pages served up by HS3, to manage the plugin and to do everything else.

I guess we'll have to wait until the author sees these posts and replies.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I have a rather busy period at work and now I'm in disneyland -

Next week my vacation starts and I try to spent some time at my plugins.

What I can tell you now is that the plugin does not support the US based Honeywell website. For some reason they use different versions for US and non-US based websites.
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Any updates? I have re-installed HS3 and the IP Thermostat plugin..

It still doesn't create devices.

Comment

Bump

Comment

To be honest, i don't know what the issue can be. Can you sent me your credentials so I can test it next week when I'm back from vacation.
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

+1 on this
                      I'm just evaluating IP Thermostat with my newly installed evoHome

All I get is this -

Aug-12 17:53:41 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Parsing info
                      Aug-12 17:53:41 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Set credentials for HONEYWELL Server request.
                      Aug-12 17:50:41 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Parsing info
                      Aug-12 17:50:41 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Set credentials for HONEYWELL Server request.
                      Aug-12 17:47:41 IPThermostat DEBUG3: InitDeviceList: Finished
                      Aug-12 17:47:41 IPThermostat DEBUG1: InitDeviceList: Entered function
                      Aug-12 17:47:41 IPThermostat DEBUG3: Finished InitThermostatList!
                      Aug-12 17:47:41 IPThermostat DEBUG2: InitThermostatList: Honeywell Thermostat is enabled
                      Aug-12 17:47:40 IPThermostat DEBUG1: InitThermostatList: Entered function
                      Aug-12 17:47:40 IPThermostat DEBUG3: Finished GetLogLevel!
                      Aug-12 17:47:40 IPThermostat DEBUG1: GetLogLevel: Set HSLogLevel to 5
                      Aug-12 17:47:40 IPThermostat DEBUG1: GetLogLevel: Entered function

Adam

Comment

Guys,

I have been troubleshooting a lot, but cannot find the root cause.

It is working in my environment 100% of the time, even with the credentials of some off you which don't work in theirs environment.

There must be some difference in HS, Windows, firewalls, virus software etc, but until now I cannot find it.

I'm open for any suggestion which will solve this issue

Thanks,
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I don't know if this is a factor...

I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.194 (Linux)

on a Raspberry pi2

Adam

Comment

ok, scratch that.

I've brought up Homeseer on my Windows10 laptop, the results are identical

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                              Guys,
                              I have been troubleshooting a lot, but cannot find the root cause.
                              It is working in my environment 100% of the time, even with the credentials of some off you which don't work in theirs environment.
                              There must be some difference in HS, Windows, firewalls, virus software etc, but until now I cannot find it.
                              I'm open for any suggestion which will solve this issue
                              Thanks,
                              Could we try a special version that provides more detailed logging?
                              (eventually showing why the devices are not created)

Comment

Working...
                              X