This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLLock Upcoming Changes

With the release of HS3 API calls to maintain users in locks, the plugin can now implement the following changes:

1. Add user codes to locks
    2. Delete user codes from locks
    3. Get user code for a certain pin location
    4. Get all user codes from lock
    5. Get max users for the lock

I will be adding a new option to the options page that will allow you to turn on a "Plug-In Controlled Lock Users" option in the plugin that will allow the plugin to maintain the user codes for all locks.

NOTE
    Any users that were programmed directly at the lock cannot be read by the HS3 API calls. If you added all users through the device settings in HS3 then the plugin can read them. I know some users have over a hundred users programmed into their locks. That is why I am making this new addition as an option in the plugin (it is not forced on anyone). You can leave the option disabled and the plugin will run just like it does today.

If you do choose to use the new option, then that means that the plugin will re-program your lock based on the users you have added to the plugin. I will create a process that will run that will take all of the users created in the plugin for each lock and add their codes and names to the lock using the HS3 API calls. This process could take some time depending on how many users you have created for each lock. All additional users then must be added to the lock using the plugin or else they will not be seen by the plugin.

I will need to test out all of this and I am currently waiting on a replacement lock from Weiser before I can start really testing this. It will take me some time to make all of these changes.

I welcome any feedback

UPDATE: See next post for more info
    Last edited by Blade; February 14, 2018, 07:05 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

The following versions will be required with the new BLLock

HomeSeer 3 v3.0.0.408 or above
    Z-Wave Plugin v3.0.1.193 or above

There is an important file that HomeSeer 3 uses to keep track of the users that are added to the locks.
    The file is located here:

[HS3 root folder]\Data\Z-Wave\lock_pin_codes.json.enc

NOTE: This file should be backed up as it is very important!

I have attached a screenshot of the new option "Plug-In Controlled Lock Users"
    Once you turn on this option, a new button below it will show up for you to "Convert Lock Users"

Once you click to convert lock users, the plugin will add all lock users you have defined in the plug-in for all locks to their respective pin location in the lock. This process runs in the background and you can see information messages in the HomeSeer log. Once complete, the option to convert lock users will disappear from the options page. This process may take a while depending on how many locks and users you have added.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blade; February 14, 2018, 07:03 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Comment

reserved again
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Just wanted to say the planned new functionality you detailed above sounds like it will be very useful. Looking forward to testing it out...

Comment

I have released 3.0.0 with the new functionality

Make sure you backup your hspi_BLLock.ini and save it somewhere in case you want to go back
          Last edited by Blade; February 16, 2018, 12:06 PM.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Hi Blade -
            Thanks for making the changes to the plugin. I'm looking forward to a simpler way to manage pin codes. I took a shot at installing it and am having a couple of problems. I've got 3.0.3.0 installed. I've got Zwave plugin 3.0.1.199. I've got HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.418 (Windows). I've got a Yale YRD210 and it has been identified correctly by the plugin. The Z-wave info on the lock is:
            Version: 3.34 (ZDK 4.53) Firmware: 25.24

1. It still has all of the pin code slots off by 1. When I do something to slot 1 it tells me its slot 2, etc. This lock came over from Vera. When I first moved it to Homeseer, and added the BLLock plugin, I didn't change anything. I had this same issue with pin code slots off by 1 so I factory defaulted the lock and started over by enrolling it back into HomeSeer as a fresh install. The pin code slots being off by 1 stayed the same.
            2. When I clicked the "Option/Plug-In Controlled Lock Users" and ran the script the log file told me that pin slot 1 (Family) failed but the rest worked (I think there were 7 others listed in the plugin). When I look at the plugin now the only name in the list is the one in slot 1 (Family). It deleted the rest from the plugin, but not from the lock. If I go to Settings on the lock and choose pin code 2 for instance, I see the name and pin code that I had already put there.
            3. I tried to add a new pin code and it added it to the plugin but not to the actual lock (not surprising given the other errors but I thought I'd try).

Please let me know if there is anything that I can try to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Pat

Comment

Turn on debug logging and capture adding a lock pin code and listing the users for a lock
              Attach it zipped
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Thanks Blade. zip file attached.

Pat
                Attached Files

Comment

On mine, the Real Time Log shows nothing. When I attempt to launch the page the HomeSeer headers and footers disappear and I only get this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	1195387

Debug log attached.
                  Last edited by randy; February 16, 2018, 04:43 PM.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
                    Thanks Blade. zip file attached.

Pat
                    If you still have users in your INI file then it will not add directly to the lock because it assumes that not all users were converted successfully.
                    When converting it will delete the users that successfully add to the lock

In your INI file do you have any users in it?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      On mine, the Real Time Log shows nothing. When I attempt to launch the page the HomeSeer headers and footers disappear and I only get this:

[ATTACH]66750[/ATTACH]

Debug log attached.
                      That is odd - I see 11 entries that should have showed up
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Hi Blade -
                        Here are two versions of my ini file. One was restored from a backup from last night (20180215) prior to the upgrade and running the script, and the other one is current as of now, which is after the plugin was updated. Let me know if this helps.

I'm fine deleting all of the users and starting over if that helps. I'm not sure that addresses the pin code slots being off by 1 though.

Thanks,

Pat
                        Attached Files

Comment

The [User=1|396] sections in the INI tell me that the plugin is adding users the old way (just in the plugin)

If there are any [User=1|396] sections in the INI file then the plugin assumes that the convert is not clean and you should still see the "Convert Lock Users" option on the options page

Turn on debug logging and then run the Convert Lock Users and then when it i
                          is finished turn off debug logging and attach the debug log zipped so i can see what happened
                          Delete any old debug log first
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Blade, the Convert Lock Users button was not showing up so I turned off the True flag in the ini and it came back. I reran the Convert Lock Users again and everything looks like it's in sync now. All of the users are there and I can add and delete users to the plugin and the lock. They all sync up nicely.

The only issue now is the slot numbers. I've attached a screenshot from the Real Time Log. In those steps I deleted pin codes 20 and 30 and yet it shows that I removed 21 and 31. I also added codes into 20 and 30. I've also attached the detailed log in which I think it shows they are going into the correct slots (20 and 30) they are just off by one in the Real Time Log. I confirmed that they went into the correct slots (20 and 30) in the Settings section of the lock and all looks good there.

Pat
                            Attached Files

Comment

It shows the proper people in the lock I think - you let me know

JSONResponseZWaveGetAllUserCodes:
                              ---------------------------------
                              Node: 4
                              PinLocation: 2; UserName: Kim Collins
                              PinLocation: 3; UserName: Mike and Linda
                              PinLocation: 4; UserName: Cleaner
                              PinLocation: 6; UserName: Schumaker
                              PinLocation: 8; UserName: Browne
                              PinLocation: 20; UserName: Test Lock in 20
                              PinLocation: 1; UserName: Family
                              PinLocation: 30; UserName: Test Lock in 30

It looks like it is reporting the wrong code in the realtime log
                              I will check that
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X