Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikea bulbs

Wim,

I thought I would make a separate thread as my issue continues. I have since got a couple of other ikea bulbs a GU10 white spectrum and an Ikea eu27 colour spectrum is addition to the E27 white spectrum.

All have been updated to the latest firmware level for the white spectrum that is 1.2.217 and for colour 1.3.002.

I have swapped the GU10 on both the DeConz and Hue hub. All the others are on the DeConz hub.

The event has controlled both an individual light and a group of lights; it is currently set to do a group

My observations are:

1.All lights can be controlled and work as expected from the device page
    2.All lights can be controlled and work as expected from their zigbee controller: hue or DeConz
    3.The colour spectrum works as expected from the set lights event
    4.Both white spectrums do not work correctly from the set lights event when on either the hue or DeConz hub.
    5. Transition to off over 5 seconds works correctly for all lights.

The issue I have is that from a lights set event I get variable behaviours. Currently from two events controlling the same light and set up the same behave as follows;

1. Event turns it on at the lowest setting and does not raise to full brightness despite the brightness being set to 254. The lowest setting is likely to also have been the last setting.
    2. The other event turns it on at the brightest setting consistently.
    3 Setting up a new event seems to always operate as per item 1. the event in 2. was set up some time ago.

I also have another event for the same light which is set to transition to full brightness over 5 seconds and it just turns on to the lowest Setting and remains there as 1. above.

Another light hue or Osram on the same event works correctly either turning on at full brightness or transitioning to full brightness.

Previous behaviours included starting at the lowest level before flashing full brightness and back to lowest level- I have not seen that recently.

I am on the latest DeConz 2.05.11 and JowiHue 2.02.00.

Steve

I have now discovered that if the light is turned off from either the device list or via an event that is a device control to off then the subsequent transitions work correctl, provided that the bulb was full on when it was switched off.

If the event is switched off with a JowiHue set light to brightness of 0 then the subsequent switch on/transition does not appear to work.

Steve
    Last edited by theendisnye; March 11, 2018, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Steve,

The Ikea's are indeed responding different from any other brand.
      If you set brightness 0 and add a transition time in the same event, the bulb will not switch on to the last level (in fact it does, as brightess 1 was set by the transition process). I cannot change this other then ignoring the transition time here, but that was requested by another user.

I guess when switching off a light, the device control in events would be best to do.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Win, So is there a reliable way of forcing them on to full brightness?

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I am at loss I think? You are here talking about sending an off and setting them on again returning to the old setting right? In that case I do not really understand your last question.

If you want a light to be set at full bright you can set the dim value to 100% or 254 (depending to the dim setting). This works here fine with my Ikea color bulb and Ikea white only lights?
          Also, using the JowiHue actions setting bright to a value 254 works fine too?

On the deCONz github there seems to be a problem when you set a CT value toghether with a bright value on an Ikea bulb. Is that what you are doing maybe?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim,

My issue has been when I turn a light on it doesn't go to the required brightness it appears to be relative to its turn off brightness. I normally send a Jowihue set light command with a brightness value between 50 and 254, a specific CT (4000 or 2500) and transition time (normally blank or 50).

I have one routine that works (turns on at 254, with no transition time) and one that does not (turns on at 1 when 254 is expected) both are setup exactly the same.

When I try to set-up new routines I get a consistent failure to turn on at 254 with a blank transition time.

I was experiencing a similar issue on the phillips Hub as well with the ikea bulbs but on testing this morning using new routines I now get it to work ok.

The colour IKEA bulbs work perfectly I don't have any of the white only bulbs.

Now this issue might be due to the CT problem you mentioned - I was unaware of that so I will investigate further.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Check here, where the issue is discussed. The end part is interesting. I'll be monitoring this thread to see if a good work around comes out of it.

In the mean time a workaround for you might be seperating the brightness and the CT for now in two steps of an event or script?

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Wim, Thanks my initial view is it is looking good I need to move it into process and see how it works over time.

Steve
                Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                Steve,

In the mean time a workaround for you might be seperating the brightness and the CT for now in two steps of an event or script?

Wim

Comment

I have run this through the day and the change to separate out CT from brightness settings seems to have solved my issue.

I can now both switch on or transition to full brightness and have also been able to reliably set up new events that work as expected.

So I assume that was the issue.

Many thanks Wim

Steve

Comment

Great to hear Steve. Now hope deCONZ will also take care of this in one of their future versions

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                    X