How I Disabled The CM15A RF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I Disabled The CM15A RF

Long story short: Bought the CM15A because having both Power Line and RF X10 in one module seemed pretty darned snazzy!
    Reality: Lack of RF support (CM15A plugin doesn't work with unit codes over 9, can't ignore house codes or turn repeat to PL on/off etc.) for CM15A and general PL driver hurdles (learn to become one with the mochad service!) cost me time & $$$. After a suggestion, I picked up a WGL W800USB RF receiver direct from WGL (Thanks, Warren! Might have to email them as their online store wasn't working at the time I bought mine) and am now able to use ALL of my RF house codes/unit numbers and installed the BLRF & BLRadar plugins. Things are much nicer now.

Ok then, with the install of the W800, I no longer need the RF in the CM15A... so what do I do? I go find the data sheet for the CM15A's RX3310 RF chip and find the disable pin! WooHoo! Desoldering pin 9 DISABLE from the circuit board and running a wire from that to pin 18 VCC disables the chip. I thought about adding a switch and a pull up resistor so I could turn it on/off from outside the plastic case, but meh.. didn't feel like it.

Working...
X