• Time
  • Show
Clear All

and or end ?

no news for your certification ?

Comment

Any news on this? Anybody!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Still working on it, but progress is terribly slow.
        I will keep you guys posted.

Comment

What's the delay? Do you have todo something or are you waiting on Apple ???

How long do you think it will be, weeks or months?

Comment

Apple WWDC Update

Now that Apple has opened up HomeKit can we expect further development on the plugin?

Comment

Plugin information

Hmm, that is very interesting. I will check the updated documentation. If that is the case, I will contact HS to let my plugin back into the store and continue development.

See https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/08...to-developers/ for details.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/06/07/homek...uthentication/
              Last edited by Fraggel; June 8, 2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

This sounds as very good news!

Comment

No info on the MFI portal yet though. I will keep you guys posted.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                    Now that Apple has opened up HomeKit can we expect further development on the plugin?
                    This is exciting and when I heard about it I immediately thought of this plug-in and future options, however while Apple is opening the HomeKit API to hobbyists and developers without MFI certification requirements that's only for personal use and at a hobbyist level or while in development. As soon as a developer wants to sell their product it looks like it will then need to be certified through the traditional channels.

Comment

True. But it looks like they are making some concessions to allow devices without Apple authentication chips in now.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I don't think hobbyists can actually do this. The specs are officially made public to MFI developers only.
                        There is still no info on the MFI website about this. Certification has become more hassle however. They increased the number of steps to take, which were already a lot...

Comment

Fraggel, pleased don't get discouraged. Apple seems to be backing away from HomeKit. There is nothing new regarding their Home app in iOS 11.

What you have already done via HS3 is vastly better than what Apple can do.

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

There are some new device types added, but the app won't really change I guess.
                            The protocol itself is fully developed and mature I guess, only new device types can be added to extend functionality.
                            I have full access to all apple documentation on this now.
                            Unfortunately the newest specs aren't released to developers yet.

Comment

Any update on plugin becoming available again?

Comment

I am also interested in knowing the status of this plugin. A status report would be much appreciated.

Steve Q

Comment

Working...
                                X