Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can I find the mrhappy cumulus plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can I find the mrhappy cumulus plugin?

This is embarrassing but I've been searching the forums for the last 30 minutes and for the life of me I can't locate this plugin. I'm trying to use cumulus as a data source in my weatherxml setup. Can someone please send me a link?
    I see references to the jon00 cumulus script but my understanding is that I need the mrhappy version. I'm on HS3 if it makes a difference.
    Thanks! Dom

I didn't bring the Cumulus plugin to HS3, there was no need so it stopped at HS2 (I still use Cumulus just with a script) so I can answer that you won't find it as it does not exist - if there are mention to Jon00's script then I would imagine that is what you will need.

Comment

Thanks mrhappy, straight from the source :-)

I'll try the jon00 plugin and hopefully that will work.

Comment

I have installed the jon00 Cumulus plugin (it's technically as script) and was able to successfully run it manually. It created a bunch of devices and was able to successfully read my realtime.txt file and update the device values accordingly. So it looks like it's working as expected.
        I then restarted the WeatherXML plugin, but I still don't see Cumulus as an option on the data source drop-down menu.

Can someone please give me a pointer as to what I'm doing wrong?
        I'm running HS3 on Windows.

Thanks in advance,
        Dom
        Last edited by dexterdom; June 21, 2017, 11:40 AM. Reason: removed comment about seeing console window, I had developer mode enabled by mistake

Comment

For weatherXML to use the realtime file, go to the locations setup. In the source dropdown select cumulus file. You will get a textbox to enter the pathway and file name for your realtime file. After that weatherXML will watch that directory for a new file to import.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Is this different than the Settings screen? When I launch that, the only option I get is to choose a primary data source. I don't see Cumulus listed in the drop-down. Am I going to the wrong screen?

Also, am I correct in installing the Jon00 cumulus script for this to work?

Edit: I also want to point out that I do no have the Cumulus software installed on this machine. I am generating the realtime.txt file from my Meteobridge PRO device. The Jon00 scripts is reading that file correctly, so I believe that part is in order.
            Last edited by dexterdom; June 21, 2017, 12:44 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

The page is the one you get to by clicking on the button labeled locations. It should be in the source dropdown.

You should not need any software other than the plugin. The software does not need to be on the HS server. The realtime file can be either on the HS server or on a shared directory on another computer.

I should be home in an hour or so and can follow up with you. I am also open to adding new features.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hmm... the problem is that I don't see a button labelled locations, I only have a drop-down list for data sources. I've attached a screenshot so hopefully it will be more clear.
                I get this when I go to the Plugin Settings screen.

I have restarted HS3 a couple times already after I installed the cumulus script, so I believe weatherxml should have detected it.

Thanks for your help - it's not extremely urgent that you should waste your evening time on this :-)
                Attached Files

Comment

ok. You are still in the setup. Go ahead and select NOAA which is a free service. Get it working with NOAA first. Then once it is setup, you will have several menu items.
                  Then go to locations and select Cumulus File.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

That was it, lots of options now! Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                    X