Google Home actions will be disabled on 6/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home actions will be disabled on 6/12

In preperation for the release of our Google Home Smart Home Actions we need to shut down the current support. This is the action where you say "ok google, tell homeseer to...". This action will be replaced with the SmartHome actions where you can say "ok, google, turn on the...".

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Google is not allowing us use both sets of actions. Their reasoning is that the Smart Home actions are more user friendly, which is true. However, the current command set for the Smart Home actions is limited to lights and appliances. It will be expanded to support thermostats and other devices as Google updates the support.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Any update on this...

The HomeSeer app seems to still work and I can find nothing new in the Home App.

Comment

We are asking Google for a status every day. They know we want it released, just waiting on them. As soon I know anything, I will post here.

Originally posted by jimbrandon View Post
      Any update on this...

The HomeSeer app seems to still work and I can find nothing new in the Home App.

Comment

Oh, heck yes! I set up Homeseer back in January when I purchased it on sale, but after finding the lack of integration, didn't do squat with it. This is exactly what I've been waiting for

However, I was wondering if you could offer some clarification to your post, rjh? I understand the first part (that we won't have to tell Google Home to tell HomeSeer to do action), but the part about having a limited command set. Does that mean that we're moving to a command set that is only limited to lights and appliances for the time being, or moving away from that to a wider one?

Comment

I guess door lock, thermostat and maybe sprinkler will be supported?
          Is there any way too create these devices as virtual devices by script to simulate a valid homeseer lock, thermostat?
          Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
          --
          Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

You can only control devices with voice commands that Google is supporting. For ver 1, its just On/Off/Dim devices, as well as color light bulbs. Thermostats will follow.

As for other devices, you can create a virtual device and set the "ControlUse" property on the control pairs on the "Status Graphics" tab. Set the On and Off ControlUse and then you can control with voice using on and off voice commands, like "Ok google, turn off the garage door", to close the garage. Not ideal, but it will work.

Still waiting on approval, they reported a small issue that we are fixing today.

Originally posted by NateR View Post
            Oh, heck yes! I set up Homeseer back in January when I purchased it on sale, but after finding the lack of integration, didn't do squat with it. This is exactly what I've been waiting for

However, I was wondering if you could offer some clarification to your post, rjh? I understand the first part (that we won't have to tell Google Home to tell HomeSeer to do action), but the part about having a limited command set. Does that mean that we're moving to a command set that is only limited to lights and appliances for the time being, or moving away from that to a wider one?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              You can only control devices with voice commands that Google is supporting. For ver 1, its just On/Off/Dim devices, as well as color light bulbs. Thermostats will follow.

As for other devices, you can create a virtual device and set the "ControlUse" property on the control pairs on the "Status Graphics" tab. Set the On and Off ControlUse and then you can control with voice using on and off voice commands, like "Ok google, turn off the garage door", to close the garage. Not ideal, but it will work.

Still waiting on approval, they reported a small issue that we are fixing today.
              Thanks for the tip and update.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

woohoo Google Home finally arrived in Canada. Now patiently waiting to link to homeseer

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite View Post
                  woohoo Google Home finally arrived in Canada. Now patiently waiting to link to homeseer
                  Works in French Canadian. For now it can only control my 4 LIFX bulbs. Can't wait for the link to Homeseer!

Any update?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Google is not allowing us use both sets of actions. Their reasoning is that the Smart Home actions are more user friendly, which is true. However, the current command set for the Smart Home actions is limited to lights and appliances. It will be expanded to support thermostats and other devices as Google updates the support.
                    I think this is a poor decision on Google's part and I guess will mean I stick with Echos even though I wanted to move to Google Home.

There is no way I could live without the ability to use things like Jon00s script (which I'm sure Google doesn't know about or care).

Comment

I'm planning to buy 2 more Google home but one question came up, our family are using OK google, turn on/off the lights to controlling philips hue lamps and I guess it's the same for HS when it goes live.
                      What will happen if we still use turn on the lights, will it turn all devices in hs, ex if we have sprinkler, garagedoor, tv etc. Or could the word lights be limited to selected devices. I know it's possible to say turn on the table lamp in bedroom but I want to avoid to have the garagedoor open by "turn on the lights" which we use very often. I guess I can enable only selected devices in hs3 to listen on Google. But I still want to use, OK goolge turn on sprinkler, or turn on the fan without having them activated by turn on the lights.
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

'OK Google, when will the Homeseer link be available?"

Comment

They have promised to make it go live tomorrow, will post when its ready.

Originally posted by dilbert1 View Post
                          'OK Google, when will the Homeseer link be

available?"

Comment

It's showing up for me, but can't add devices yet; it tries to link to MyHS and kicks me out. Closer

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                              It's showing up for me, but can't add devices yet; it tries to link to MyHS and kicks me out. Closer

Yes, same here
                              cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                              X