This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash?

Has anyone been successful embedding flash into a screen? I've tried twice now and no luck. It works fine on the windows client. However, in the android client, I just get a solid white background. Both things that I've tried work fine in the browser in android.
    Last edited by tpchristian; April 9, 2011, 11:46 PM.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Not sure if this would be related but if you embed a H/S screen say for example the status screen, do the buttons work? In other words can you control a light from an embedded H/S web screen?
    John

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes, a regular web page works fine. I double-checked by running your test. I displayed a HS web page and turned on a light.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Yes, a regular web page works fine. I double-checked by running your test. I displayed a HS web page and turned on a light.
        Well your one step ahead of me then.
        My controls are not working inside the android HS Touch client.

I'll set up a flash web site to display inside my android client and see what happens if you would want me to see.
        John

Comment

Here is how I am adding the web page...

1. Drag a text widget to the form
          2. Set the text field to the URL. (I seem to be able to, sometimes, even put HTML fragments in here)
          3. Set the isHTML to true (It seems to sense a URL too so I don't know if this step is absolutely necessary)

The cool thing on the android client is that you can still use gestures to pan around.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

One curious thing is that I don't seem to be able to navigate. If I try to press on the Events button nothing happens. However, I can press the On/Off buttons for my light and it will work. Maybe I'll try a non-HS site. I thought I had tried the web stuff in the past and I was able to navigate.
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Here is how I am adding the web page...

1. Drag a text widget to the form
              2. Set the text field to the URL. (I seem to be able to, sometimes, even put HTML fragments in here)
              3. Set the isHTML to true (It seems to sense a URL too so I don't know if this step is absolutely necessary)

The cool thing on the android client is that you can still use gestures to pan around.
              Thanks I used to know that. OK I'll set navigation to true and also "is html" should do it.

Deploying right now along with a heavy duty flash web site.
              http://moodstream.gettyimages.com/
              I'll let you know how that works.
              John

Comment

Tom,
                Does a web page with flash embeded work via the browser on your hardward?

Comment

Well, I tried a different URL, homeseer.com and navigation is kind of working there. So it must be something different about the HS server web site or pages. I tried it with allowNavigation both on and off and it seems to have no affect. Also, (and I hope this is not to be expected), when it does navigate, it will launch a browser with the page.
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatingIT View Post
                    Tom,
                    Does a web page with flash embeded work via the browser on your hardward?
                    Yes, the flash works fine from the browser on my android device. I have flash 10.2 installed. From within HStouch, I tried both just the flash object in the text field, that with an iFrame, and the URL for a complete HTML page with the flash embedded into it.
                    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                    Web Site
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

Well, I tried a different URL, homeseer.com and navigation is kind of working there. So it must be something different about the HS server web site or pages. I tried it with allowNavigation both on and off and it seems to have no affect. Also, (and I hope this is not to be expected), when it does navigate, it will launch a browser with the page.
                      This is pretty much what I'm seeing also. The on off buttons seem to control the lights but I cannot navigate to different pages. Haven't seen it launch a browser though.
                      John

Comment

I just tried all of this on the windows client and it behave as one might expect.

Naviagation works on homeseer.com AND HS server site.
                        Navigation only works if allowNavigation is true
                        Displays flash fine.

I believe these are bugs in the android client and am off to log them. (Flash issue was already logged, but posted this to see if anyone got it to work with some kind of work-around)

Thanks for helping me confirm this, John. BTW, what android device(s) are you using. I am using my g-tablets -- I haven't tried on my phone, yet. It is a HTC desire.
                        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                        Web Site
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

I just tried all of this on the windows client and it behave as one might expect.

Naviagation works on homeseer.com AND HS server site.
                          Navigation only works if allowNavigation is true
                          Displays flash fine.

I believe these are bugs in the android client and am off to log them. (Flash issue was already logged, but posted this to see if anyone got it to work with some kind of work-around)

Thanks for helping me confirm this, John. BTW, what android device(s) are you using. I am using my g-tablets -- I haven't tried on my phone, yet. It is a HTC desire.
                          Picked up the g-tab from Woot a little while back. I'm liking it, just got the dock for it yesterday.

My first go around with an Android device... still learning.
                          I did the Clockwork mod and am running the TnT rom.
                          John

Comment

I logged a bug for the navigation issues. Below is the link in case you want to add yourself to the CC list.

http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=75

I picked up another g-tab from woot as well. (my third) I think these things are a great value and perfect for HSTouch (except for a few outstanding bugs in the client) I am using TNT-Lite. My two older ones have 2.4 on them and I just put 4.4 on the one from Woot. Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.

Edit: The docks are great for setting up a semi-permanent table top HSTouch client. I think I am going to velcro mine to the docks be I once pulled it toward me by (without thinking) pulling at the top and I thought I was going to break the connector, but it is still fine.
                            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                            Web Site
                            YouTube Channel

Comment

Yeah, I'm liking my G-Tab more and more.
                              But, just realized that I will soon need to pay 40 bucks for the Android client. This is gonna suck because I cannot bring up flash pages inside of the client, such as animated radar screens. I cannot get full function of my H/S web pages from inside the Android client. So I cannot control HS phone. In my mind this plugin is somewhat crippled but yet cost the same as the other plugins such as the I-Pad plugin. Also from designer to the deployed android client the scaling or font size/background size is somewhat wacky.
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X