Somfy ZRTSI Zwave to RTSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

My project has completely stalled. I wanted to retrofit my blinds to add the motors for automation, but my gutter rails are 1 3/4" x 2 1/4". According to the Somfy documents I need to have the 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" rails to fit the motors appropriately. I thought great, no problem, Ill just order some of these gutter rails and be good to go. NO CIGAR. One must be licensed to sell these gutters and licensed to buy them as well. I struck out on the internet and locally. I was told I had to buy all new blinds. All this over a small U-shaped piece of steel...ridiculous.

I can do the battery operated motors, though. They can be used with the smaller rails. And Im thinking of trying to squeeze the motors into the existing smaller rails. They would stick out at the top, but I have window coverings hiding this already. Its kinda of an expensive guess though.

Comment

need help guys. i set up and installed the main device but all i get is this i dont get any virtual devices or child devices or anything. am i supposed to set up two channels?
      Attached Files
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

i added channel 2 node and got same thing... so what am i missing? i can control the shades up/down manually from the Setup button on the ZRTSI so i know i did that right just cant get it set up in HS...
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

I think that you need to get the child virtual nodes to show up. You can then associate HS to the child node.

I would bring the ZRTSi close to the Z Wave controller and try to rescan the child node. If this fails after a couple of tries, I would delete the virtual node and try to add again.

I think that I had some screenshots at the top of the thread.

Are you using a Z-troller?
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I followed the instructions attached to add the base node and individual virtual nodes
            Attached Files
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

thanks I have a ztroller yes. I can get the base node to respond, but cant get the virtuals. I switched to channel 2 on the unit, then added, but it comes up again as a base node type. do I have to add each node separately? each channel? there is an instruction on how to add the base and all 16 virtual nodes, that's what I need to try?

Comment

is this what i should do?

is this what i do?
                Attached Files

Comment

Unless you need all 16 zones, I would try added each virtual node / channel separately.

1. With ZRTSI unplugged, press and hold the S button.
                  2. Continue to hold button and plug in ZRTSI (do so near the Z-Troller). The S-LED will flash for about 6 seconds.
                  3. Release the S-Button, the S-LED should turn solid yellow.
                  4. Use the rotary selector to select the RTS channel.
                  5. Put the Z-Troller into the Add mode.
                  6. Press the S-button for 1 second.
                  7. Add the node to HomeSeer

If possible do this entire procedure with the Z-Controller connected to the HS PC. You can move the ZRTSI back to the orginal location after the node has been added. This will help ensure that all of the functions of the ZRTSI are added to the virtual node on HS.
                  Last edited by DSteiNeuro; July 16, 2013, 04:41 PM.
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

what version of HS are you running ?
                    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

i run 2.5.0.59

Comment

I will try it that way with the ztroller still hooked up to my HS pro 100.
                        when I tried it before all I got was another main bridge on the new nide... but will delete and start again... thanks

Comment

also how many individual nodes do I need to add???? I just run two shades, and I linked them so the zrtsi runs them together and I can do that manually when I press the set button.

Comment

You only need 1 virtual node per RTSI channel.
                            How are your Somfy remote(s) programmed? If one button controls both shades, you only need 1 node. If each shade is controlled by a separate button (gives you more versatility) then you need a node for each shade.
                            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

finally success! thanks guys. i brought the ZRTSI to the ztroller where its plugged into HS and it added perfectly. Now i have this. i can run the shades on either R8 R10 or R12 what can i get rid of to clean this up?
                              Attached Files

Comment

What does R10 multilevel switch do?
                                Can you set the shade to different levels or is it all up or all down?
                                DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Working...
                                X