Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zebrafilm View Post
    John, just want to say: big thank you for this great connector. All running fine on W8 here and really makes a difference in HS3 becoming usable as the main controller.

Bastiaan
    Thanks very much Bastiaan. Hopefully this will also assist others migrating to HS3.

When I get around to updating the instructions, you can also use this to connect 2 copies of Homeseer 3 together! You could for instance have one copy of HS3 running at home and a second copy in a second residence.
    Jon

Comment

Any chance the connector can be used with the zee

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I do not believe so. The first generation Zee's do not support external plugins.
        Jon

Comment

OK, this looks perfect for my needs....except i cant get it working.

I have hs2 on one machine and hs3 on another.

I download the app and extracted to the root on C on both computers.

On the hs2 machine:
          - i copied Jon00HS2Gateway.vben to the c:\program files\homeseer2\scripts folder
          - I copied the 3 files specified in to the c:\HSGateway\hs2 folder
          - I edited the hs2settings file, i put the ip of the hs2 machine in as the hs2hostadd, and the ip of the hs3 machine as the hs3clientadd
          - I made one entry in the hs2devices file: `2 tab `2 tab 0 tab 0

On the hs3 machine:
          - I copied the 3 files in to the c:\hsgateway\hs3 folder
          - i edited the hs3settings file, i used the ip of the hs3 machine as the hs3hostadd, and the ip of the hs2 machine as the hs2clientadd

I then started the Jon00HS2Gateway app on the hs2 machine, and then started the Jon00HS3Gateway app on the hs3 machine.

The logs on both machines show Jon00...Ready and they both show the remote application is connected.

But, i dont see the new device on my hs3 machine.

Also, if i go try to start an event from a script prompt on the hs2 to run an event on the hs3 machine, i get nothing...no log entries on either machine.
          HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Do you have any firewalls on either PC which could block communication with the client?.

Try installing both clients on one PC as a test.
            Jon

Comment

Thanks, it was a firewall issue. Since both logs show connected i figured the firewall settings were ok. Up and running. Thanks.
              HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

V1.0.3 released

This version corrects an issue with virtual devices in Homeseer 2 not being updated correctly with their device status. If you have been having an issue with this, delete the devices in Homeseer 2 and let the client recreate them.

The documentation has been updated to demonstrate how this package can be used to link 2 (or more) copies of the same version of Homeseer together.

Clients have been changed from single instance application to multiple instance which will give more flexibility with more complex set-ups.

If updating please replace the 2 client exe files and the vben script.
                Jon

Comment

Thanks!
                  Last edited by donstephens; November 17, 2013, 10:21 AM. Reason: author can't spell.
                  Don

Comment

Device HS3 --> HS2 Problem

Can't get a device from HS3 to HS2. I have a device set up in HS3Devices.txt that is not being created in HS2.

In HS3Devices.txt my entry is 514-Y1 <TAB> Y1 <TAB> 0

Where 514-Y1 represents the Technology Address, Y1 is the HS2 address,
                    and 0 is the state I want to represent.

Also tried using the Reference ID instead of Technology Address. Neither seems to work.

I have verified that HS2 and HS3 are talking to each other via log entries.

What am I missing?

Thanks
                    Last edited by donstephens; November 22, 2013, 02:19 PM. Reason: Clarity
                    Don

Comment

Can anyone confirm triggering events from HS2 -> HS3 is working with HS3 version 3.0.0.43?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgo View Post
                        Can anyone confirm triggering events from HS2 -> HS3 is working with HS3 version 3.0.0.43?
                        Yes, it is working with my setup.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                          Can't get a device from HS3 to HS2. I have a device set up in HS3Devices.txt that is not being created in HS2.

In HS3Devices.txt my entry is 514-Y1 <TAB> Y1 <TAB> 0

Where 514-Y1 represents the Technology Address, Y1 is the HS2 address,
                          and 0 is the state I want to represent.

Also tried using the Reference ID instead of Technology Address. Neither seems to work.

I have verified that HS2 and HS3 are talking to each other via log entries.

What am I missing?

Thanks
                          Don,

Are you using an Address AND Code to make 514-Y1 ?

If so, that may be the issue. I get the Reference ID from the Address only.
                          Jon

Comment

Jon, can you see anything wrong with this setup?

Screenshots supplied:
                            - HS2 events (used to trigger HS3 events)
                            - HS2 log (shows event run and 'SaveVar' set)
                            - HS3 events

This is the script I call from the HS2 events:

Public Sub Main(ByRef param As Object)
                            Dim commandString As String = "Event " + param.ToString
                            hs.WriteLog("Jon00GWEvent", "setting variable jon00gw to '" + commandString + "'")
                            hs.SaveVar("jon00gw", commandString)
                            End Sub

I can confirm the 2 GWs are running and I can TELNET to them on their ports (to check firewall is not in play).

Both GWs are installed on the same physical PC. HS2 and HS3 are co-resident.

If I trigger the HS2 event, the HS3 event is not triggered.

Many thanks for your help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

In your script, rather than:

hs.SaveVar("jon00gw", commandString)

Try:

hs.SaveVar("Jon00GW", commandString)
                              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, I started with that and changed it to lower case when it didn't work. I've just updated to 3.0.0.44 so I will change it back and try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X