X10 CM11A HS2 Plugin Broken since 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 CM11A HS2 Plugin Broken since 2005

Just a quickie note here relating to the HS2 X10 CM11A plugin.

Its been broken since around 2005.

Subsequent revisions of said plugin have always been broken.

It is understood that HS2 is no longer being supported and that it was updated recently to version .81 fixing many issues with it.

That said this issue was never caught but could have been causing much grief for those folks wanting to continue to use X10.

You can see the "faults" here with the plugin by using Microsoft PortMon and watching the serial port communications to the CM11A.

They are timing out and can probably on the long term mess with your base Homeseer 2 setup.

This is the error you will see no matter how you connect to the CM11A (direct serial and or in a VM and or USB).

0.07897400 HomeSeer.exe IRP_MJ_READ EdgeSer26 TIMEOUT Length 0:
    0.07890528 HomeSeer.exe IRP_MJ_READ EdgeSer26 TIMEOUT Length 0:
    0.07783531 HomeSeer.exe IRP_MJ_READ EdgeSer26 TIMEOUT Length 0:
    0.07881616 HomeSeer.exe IRP_MJ_READ EdgeSer26 TIMEOUT Length 0:
    0.07785263 HomeSeer.exe IRP_MJ_READ EdgeSer26 TIMEOUT Length 0:
    0.07884438 HomeSeer.exe IRP_MJ_READ EdgeSer26 TIMEOUT Length 0:
    0.07685670 HomeSeer.exe IRP_MJ_READ EdgeSer26 TIMEOUT Length 0:
    Here is a list of the HSPI_CM11A "broken" versions with attachments of all versions here to check for yourself.

HSPI_CM11A Version 1.0.1.0 Dated:08/15/2005
    HSPI_CM11A Version 1.0.2.0 Dated:11/07/2005
    HSPI_CM11A Version 2.2.0.4 Dated 06/29/2007
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; March 27, 2014, 07:52 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Thanks for starting this new thread Pete!.. Maybe now it will get noticed.

In my opinion, HS2 should still be supported despite the release of HS3. Hell... even Microsoft has been supporting XP until next month. That's 13 years since it's release!

If there is no support, then some sort of statement should be released to the masses. HS3 hasn't even been out for a year... and now we are forced to jump to it despite issues and plugins not devleoped or stable...

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Yup; guessing its my age and having used Homeseer since the late 1990's.

I do not have any patience these days for insolence.

I do not mind making a point.

I will start slow; baby steps.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Yup; guessing its my age and having used Homeseer since the late 1990's.

I do not have any patience these days for insolence.

I do not mind making a point.

I will start slow; baby steps.
        Watch your step Pete. We users must consider ourselves lucky that the wonderful Homeseer folks still allows us to use this forum for free.

Comment

Yup; baby steps with slow increase in crescendo....like music....
          Last edited by Pete; March 26, 2014, 09:00 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Updated OP and added the three versions of the CM11A plugin for HS2 that are "broken".
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am amazed that no one from HST has even commented on this.... Rupp?? Are you guys delibertly looking the other way?

Anything???? Is manpower that scarce??? Really???
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

There's nothing I can do. It's been stated that there is going to be no more work on HS2 as there are hardly enough resources to work the HS3 issues. What I find odd is I'm still using the CM11A on my HS2 installation and it's working without fail.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  What I find odd is I'm still using the CM11A on my HS2 installation and it's working without fail.
                  Mine's working perfectly fine as well. There may be issues behind the scenes with it, but IMHO I wouldn't classify that as broken.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm working as well. It's just that in my discovery, I found errors with the interface protocol which may cause some issues. If you all monitored your port to the CM11A, you would see the TIMEOUTS. I don't know exactly the side affect with this, but it would be nice if HST could take a peek.

Comment

@Rupp

I'm still using the CM11A on my HS2 installation and it's working without fail.
                      Mine too as far as I can tell.

That said while spending months on the updating and working out the bugs with HS2 whatever to HS2 V.81;

I still had unexplained "CPU" and "memory" utilization which had nothing to do with the scripts and each and every plugin I tested.

Thus over a period of time the "time outs" mentioned above could mess with HS2 running. (CPU Utilization over the edge, processes et al which would inexplicably take Homeseer down to a crawl.)

inexplicable
                      http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inexplicable

Many folks on this forum went to doing a nightly reboot of their HS2 "box" not wanting to deal with trying to figure out what exactly was causing issues.

It is understood that no more is being done with the legacy HS2 product. That said more folks are having to keep their HS2 boxes going because they do not want to beta test every revision of HS3 coming out these days; rather they just want automation that is "baggageless"; IE: "no worky" doesn't fit very well in the schema of things I see right now.

Having said the above; it would be a "customer service" thing for HST to fix an issue that has been present since 2005.

Using an emotional tone; it would be a "heartful" gesture of HST caring about a very large group of folks still using HS2.

The opposite is the said is the creation of a "heartless" "legacy" Homeseer group/clients/customers persuaded by Homeseer's competition today and tomorrow and leaving not wanting to deal with all of the work involved relating to their automation.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm with HST on this one. There are much much bigger fish to fry than working on a plugin that appears to be working for many of us while plugins still need to be fixed that are obviously broken or non existent in HS3.

Comment

@Rupp,

I guess we are similar in age.

I admire your persistence; it is one of your many valued assets.

My persistence will continue from the other side of the fence; probably cuz I am older now and wanting to savor my automation these days rather than play with it.

Geez; now re-reading my post #11 above. Is it too soft? Is it too strong? Is it "rude"? I am trying to be PC (Politically Correct).

What would convince yourself and or HST to "glance" for a moment in time a look at the old HS2 CM11A source code and provide us a tweak to just pacify us old time Homeseer 2 Users?

I won't say that "The natives are getting restless" here. (really would show my age then)

Last edited by Pete; March 27, 2014, 10:18 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Well said. And Rupp, we can also see your point of view. If this is indead dead with HST, then release the project and maybe one of us can look at it...

Robert

Comment

It's not dead if you using HS3 but odds are the same issue is in the HS3 plugin.

Comment

Working...
                              X