This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    It's confusing at times when we talk about status with the ACSII interface.

When you say "works for me w/ status. I'm on .152", I assume you mean sending a status request and getting a response back.

With 153, HS3 will send unsolicited status changes to any client that has a TCP connection on port 11000 (without the client asking, just listening). I assume you are not getting these unsolicited status changes.

Could you confirm?
    Hi Claude...

I am not asking for any status. I'm getting all unsolicited updates. I'm doing just as you say above and opening a TCP connection on port 11000. Once that happens, I start receiving all status updates. I don't post any updates over the ACSCII interface and I don't ask for any updates.

Comment

It's confusing at times when we talk about status with the ACSII interface.

When you say "works for me w/ status. I'm on .152", I assume you mean sending a status request and getting a response back.
      Correct. I misunderstood the question

With 153, HS3 will send unsolicited status changes to any client that has a TCP connection on port 11000 (without the client asking, just listening). I assume you are not getting these unsolicited status changes.

Could you confirm?
      Correct. I now understand the difference.
      Don

Comment

BTW, I ordered one of these for to use for my main wall-mounted touchscreen and to run my UI: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-hp-s...id-business-pc

$239 for a 21" android tablet?? Once I get it and have a chance to play with it for a few days, I may order another.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
          BTW, I ordered one of these for to use for my main wall-mounted touchscreen and to run my UI: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-hp-s...id-business-pc

$239 for a 21" android tablet?? Once I get it and have a chance to play with it for a few days, I may order another.
          Looks like a great deal! I may be tempted myself so I'll look forward to your review.

Comment

Hi Claude...

I am not asking for any status. I'm getting all unsolicited updates. I'm doing just as you say above and opening a TCP connection on port 11000. Once that happens, I start receiving all status updates. I don't post any updates over the ACSCII interface and I don't ask for any updates.
            Hi Wposner,

My comment was more for Donstephens. I was under the impression he was receiving unsolicited status changes via you app but on 152.

Comment

Looks like a great deal! I may be tempted myself so I'll look forward to your review.
              Pity they wont ship to UK....Here we can't get anything close to such a product/price !

Comment

So, is the purpose of the proxy to detect unsolicited device changes?
                Don

Comment

Correct. The proxy brokers the changes from homeseer and causes the UI to automatically update without having to do a manual refresh.

Comment

I will be watching this thread, l really like this idea.
                    Hector
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Dont' just watch. Download the UI from the first post in this thread and give it a try!

Comment

So it's already functional? I must have miss read, I thougth it was still under development . So is this for folks that are using HSTouch? Will this work for iPad users?
                        Last edited by Rotech; March 7, 2015, 10:08 AM.
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hstouch is not required. If you've got a web browser you can use this UI. iPad, android tablet, laptop--doesn't matter. It will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                            The horstmann thermostat I have comprises of a root device, heat setpoint child, current temperature child and battery level child.
                            This controls a thermostat device which itself comprises a root node, hot water child (on/off), boiler child (on/off), and a control mode child (heat)

Appreciate the work you're doing
                            Can you put the following in a browser and send me the result?

http://<your homeseer ip>/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=<id of your root thermostat device>

Then for each number in "associated_devices" execute the same URL from above using those numbers for the ref value. So instead of your root ID, use each of the "associated_devices" IDs.

My Nests have a root ID and 7 associated devices. Your thermostat has a root ID and only 3 or 4 associated devices (from what I gather). I only need certain info to build a useful thermostat control, but I need to see the JSON that is being returned for your devices to make sure they don't deviate from what I've got with my Nests.

I need you to send me whatever is in your browser for each ID.

Comment

Comment

Device Info for CT100 Thermostat

Can you put the following in a browser and send me the result?

http://<your homeseer ip>/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=<id of your root thermostat device>

Then for each number in "associated_devices" execute the same URL from above using those numbers for the ref value. So instead of your root ID, use each of the "associated_devices" IDs.
                                Here is the output for one of my CT100 thermostats. It has 9 child devices in my application but could have more with multi-stage heating/cooling systems. This is determined in the setup of the thermostat when installed and prior to scanning by the Ztroller.

Root:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":301,"name":"Downstairs Thermostat","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":255,"status":"No Status","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Thermostat Root Device","last_change":"\/Date(1407535948827)\/","relationship":2,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[349,350,351,352,353,354,365,366,402],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":99,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Root Device","Device_SubType":0,"Device_SubType_Description":""},"device_image":""}]}
                                Local Temperature
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":349,"name":"Downstairs Ambient Temperature","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":67.5,"status":"67.5 F","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Temperature","last_change":"\/Date(1425992407948)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":2,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Temperature","Device_SubType":1,"Device_SubType_Description":"Temperature"},"device_image":""}]}
                                Fan Mode:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":350,"name":"Downstairs Fan Mode","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":0,"status":"Auto","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Fan Mode","last_change":"\/Date(1408769084515)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":4,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Fan Mode","Device_SubType":0,"Device_SubType_Description":"Fan Mode"},"device_image":""}]}
                                System Mode:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":351,"name":"Downstairs Heat/Cool Mode","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":1,"status":"Heat","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Mode","last_change":"\/Date(1425904200537)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":3,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Mode Setting","Device_SubType":0,"Device_SubType_Description":"Mode"},"device_image":""}]}
                                Operating State:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":352,"name":"Downstairs Operating State","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":0,"status":"Idle","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Operating State","last_change":"\/Date(1425983822234)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":1,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Operating State","Device_SubType":0,"Device_SubType_Description":"Operating State"},"device_image":""}]}
                                Heating Temp Setpoint:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":353,"name":"Downstairs Heating Setpoint","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":68,"status":"68 F","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Heating 1 Setpoint","last_change":"\/Date(1425978000344)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":6,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Setpoint","Device_SubType":1,"Device_SubType_Description":"Heating 1"},"device_image":""}]}
                                Cooling Temperature Setpoint:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":354,"name":"Downstairs Cooling Setpoint","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":76,"status":"76 F","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Cooling 1 Setpoint","last_change":"\/Date(1425932829256)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":6,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Setpoint","Device_SubType":2,"Device_SubType_Description":"Cooling 1"},"device_image":""}]}
                                Battery Level:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":365,"name":"Downstairs Battery Level","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":100,"status":"100%","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Battery","last_change":"\/Date(1417602472733)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":4,"Device_API_Description":"Plug-In API","Device_Type":0,"Device_Type_Description":"Plug-In Type 0","Device_SubType":128,"Device_SubType_Description":""},"device_image":""}]}
                                Fan Status:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":366,"name":"Downstairs Fan State","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":0,"status":"Off","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Fan State","last_change":"\/Date(1417602472903)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":5,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Fan Status","Device_SubType":0,"Device_SubType_Description":"Fan Status"},"device_image":""}]}
                                Relative Humidity:
                                Code:
                                {"Name":"HomeSeer Devices","Version":"1.0","Devices":[{"ref":402,"name":"Downstairs Relative Humidity","location":"Kennesaw","location2":"Kennesaw Thermostats","value":40,"status":"40 %","device_type_string":"Z-Wave Relative Humidity","last_change":"\/Date(1425989474434)\/","relationship":4,"hide_from_view":false,"associated_devices":[301],"device_type":{"Device_API":16,"Device_API_Description":"Thermostat API","Device_Type":2,"Device_Type_Description":"Thermostat Temperature","Device_SubType":5,"Device_SubType_Description":"Relative Humidity"},"device_image":""}]}

Comment

Working...
                                X