Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Are you running HS as administrator?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      Yes, the user account running HS3 is part of the Administrators group

Comment

Very strange. It does sound like the config db is becoming corrupt somehow.

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Very strange. It does sound like the config db is becoming corrupt somehow.

how can I clean-out the database and start with a fresh database?

Comment

I was hoping you had a solution to this as I have just done a clean install of HS3, moving from a crashed HS2 and I have the same problem if I shut down HS3 and restart it, all z-wave devices gone
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Is your database marked read only? Are there any errors in the HS3 log file when you start up or shut down HS3? What OS are you running HS3 on? Lastly, what version of HS3 are you running?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Is your database marked read only? Are there any errors in the HS3 log file when you start up or shut down HS3? What OS are you running HS3 on? Lastly, what version of HS3 are you running?
                Hi Rupp, None of the databases are marked read only and I am running HS3 V 2.0.0.280 on XP Pro

Please do not suggest going to Win 7 or 8, I would consider 10.While I have you attention X10 is extremely slow, like 5+ mins to react.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

@Gordon, maybe trying Linux might work?

You only really see the Homeseer 3 GUI via the web when running in Linux.

You could even run it off a USB stick while leaving your current XP stuff in place.

Just sent an A1 (chime command) on the Linux HS3 box. It was instant (I heard the chime).

Jul-02 8:00:01 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Sending: 4 66 Size: 2
                  Jul-02 8:00:01 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 6A
                  Jul-02 8:00:01 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
                  Jul-02 8:00:01 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 55
                  Jul-02 8:00:01 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Sending: 6 63 Size: 2
                  Jul-02 8:00:01 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 69
                  Jul-02 8:00:01 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
                  Jul-02 8:00:02 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 55
                  Jul-02 8:00:06 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Sending: 4 66 Size: 2
                  Jul-02 8:00:06 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 6A
                  Jul-02 8:00:06 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
                  Jul-02 8:00:06 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 55
                  Jul-02 8:00:06 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Sending: 6 62 Size: 2
                  Jul-02 8:00:06 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got checksum: 68
                  Jul-02 8:00:06 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Checksum OK, sending 0
                  Jul-02 8:00:07 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A Got ack of: 55
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                    Hi Rupp, None of the databases are marked read only and I am running HS3 V 2.0.0.280 on XP Pro

Please do not suggest going to Win 7 or 8, I would consider 10.While I have you attention X10 is extremely slow, like 5+ mins to react.
                    Interesting, my log says the following:

7/2/2016 11:48:40 ~!~Database~!~Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.hsd
                    7/2/2016 11:48:40 ~!~Warning~!~Configuration database has no devices in it: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.hsd

How can I change the mode to read/write?

Comment

Originally posted by scheder@ga.com View Post
                      Interesting, my log says the following:

7/2/2016 11:48:40 ~!~Database~!~Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.hsd
                      7/2/2016 11:48:40 ~!~Warning~!~Configuration database has no devices in it: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.hsd

How can I change the mode to read/write?
                      This mode = Read only is normal during start up as it's only reading the database at this time. If you create a new HS config database are you still seeing this issue? Are there any journal files showing in your C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data directory?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        This mode = Read only is normal during start up as it's only reading the database at this time. If you create a new HS config database are you still seeing this issue? Are there any journal files showing in your C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data directory?
                        You're right. the read-only during startup seems normal. I've moved all of my old HomSeerData.hsd files into a separate directory and HS3 re-created a new database. It also starts-up as read-only. And now everything works. When I create "virtual" devices or rename existing devices, and then restart HS3, everything is as it should be.

Unfortunately I now have to re-enter all of the information and hope that it doesn't corrupt again.

Regarding journal files, are those the files like HomeSeerData_#.hsd where # is a number? Yes, in my old corrupt database there were 10 of those journal files. Can they somehow be used to fix the database?

Also, you asked me to observe what happens during HS3 shutdown. I would expect that it writes out an error message when it's not able to save its database with the changed devices. Unfortunately I don't know how to observe the shutdown log. In the webinterface there are no updates under the "Log" link during shutdown. And trying to interpret the HomeSeerLog.hsd file in the "log" directory is very difficult. Is there a utility to interpret this file as it's a binary file?

Comment

Those HomeSeerData_#.hsd are auto backup files in case one of the files gets corrupted. I would first try backing up your database using the Tools > Setup > General Tab > Configuration section backup and then restore. You may want to try a restore into your new database and see if you can add new devices to that.

Comment

Working...
                          X