X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it's a bug in the tag parsing. I'll get it corrected in the next version.
    Jon

Comment

This looks fantastic!

But one thing I have yet to understand. Is it possible to make Alexa read directly from Events (instead of using the HS speaker client which doesn't work for me at the moment)?
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

You cannot send anything to Alexa without receiving a voice response first.
        Jon

Comment

Just an idea. Could you spoof receiving a voice command, to be able to trigger Alexa to say something ?

Comment

Smart suggestion. Would be awesome,!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
              Smart suggestion. Would be awesome,!

Not sure its smart, more likely stupid and not doable. But if that was a way...

Comment

Why? I like the idea. Using the echos for non echo related messages

Comment

Just playing with this and it is working really well here. Thanks!

One question - I would like to pass commands back to Mainlobby/MLServer. I use the script immediate function such as

&nhs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS", "", "MLServeCmd", new Object(){"MLCAV66|SetVolume~1~5~0"})

Can an equivalent script be executed using the RunScript parameter in JOn00Alexa.ini?

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
                    Why? I like the idea. Using the echos for non echo related messages

I would too. Hence me thinking of ways to do it. Just don't really understand enough about it to try and develop something

Comment

Originally posted by greyt View Post
                      Just playing with this and it is working really well here. Thanks!

One question - I would like to pass commands back to Mainlobby/MLServer. I use the script immediate function such as

&nhs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS", "", "MLServeCmd", new Object(){"MLCAV66|SetVolume~1~5~0"})

Can an equivalent script be executed using the RunScript parameter in JOn00Alexa.ini?
                      This may work. Save the following script say TestVolume.vb and place in the scripts directory.

PHP Code:
                          Sub Main(ByVal Parm As String)

Dim MLS As String ""

For Each c As Char In Parm
                                  MLS 
                      &= "~" c
                              Next

hs
                      .PluginFunction("BLML2HS""""MLServeCmd", New Object() {"MLCAV66|SetVolume" MLS ""})

End Sub 
                      For the [Trigger] you are defining (say to set the volume) add Runscript=TestVolume.vb

If your Trigger word is volume (AlexaText=volume), you can say:

Alexa, tell Homeseer to set the volume to 120.

The number 120 is passed to the script parameter called Parm.

I have then added ~ characters as per your example which should convert that to ~1~2~0

That string is then included in the final Plugin command which should send 120 to MainLobby.

If the commands you want to send are not numeric and you just want to run different commands as a result of a trigger, you can use the ScriptParm entry of the script to define what is sent to Mainlobby i.e.

PHP Code:
                          Sub Main(ByVal Parm As String)

Select Case Parm

Case Is "1"

hs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS""""MLServeCmd", New Object() {"MLCAV66|SetVolume~1~0~0"})
                                  Case 
                      Is "2"

hs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS""""MLServeCmd", New Object() {"MLCAV66|SetVolume~1~2~0"})
                                  Case 
                      Is "3"

hs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS""""MLServeCmd", New Object() {"MLCAV66|SetVolume~1~4~0"})

End Select

End Sub 
                      If ScriptParm=1 then the line hs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS", "", "MLServeCmd", New Object() {"MLCAV66|SetVolume~1~0~0"}) would be executed.

If ScriptParm=2 then the line hs.PluginFunction("BLML2HS", "", "MLServeCmd", New Object() {"MLCAV66|SetVolume~1~2~0"}) would be executed.

Etc.
                      Jon

Comment

I have been away for a few days. I received my dot today, installed that. Both Echo and dot are working fine with the api. Then I went on to test again with Crocy22's custom skill which I have been using to test the helper (I am still on 0.3b). That stopped working completely. So when I say anything Alexa tell the house...response I'm sorry that command was not recognised. Very strange. Anybody else experiencing these issues ?

I had a look in the log and cannot see anything Alexa related. So that's the issue. Maybe I should ask that question in the other thread, ops probably more custom skill related
                        Last edited by mikee123; October 21, 2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                          I have been away for a few days. I received my dot today, installed that. Both Echo and dot are working fine with the api. Then I went on to test again with Crocy22's custom skill which I have been using to test the helper (I am still on 0.3b). That stopped working completely. So when I say anything Alexa tell the house...response I'm sorry that command was not recognised. Very strange. Anybody else experiencing these issues ?

I had a look in the log and cannot see anything Alexa related. So that's the issue. Maybe I should ask that question in the other thread, ops probably more custom skill related
                          There was a DNS attack yesterday: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184606
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                            I've installed this and it seems to be working great.

Apart from devicetime which I'm using in the AlexaResponse

AlexaResponse=The temperature in the office [devicetime 255] minutes ago was [Devicevalue 255] degrees centigrade

When devicetime is in the AlexaResponse it fails to work with the error below

Oct-20 20:32:18 TTS Speak (json:
                            Oct-20 20:32:18 Info Heard: the office temperature
                            Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 34 ms
                            Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: ''
                            Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger1]
                            Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Error in tags function: (Conversion from string "255]" to type 'Integer' is not valid.)
                            Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Integer Parsed: -9999
                            Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String:
                            Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'office temperature'

Any ideas what might be causing this?
                            V1.0.1 is now available which corrects the devicetime tag issue.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              There was a DNS attack yesterday: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184606
                              I think that was probably it. Its working again, although I had a few time outs, so there might still be small issues related to that DOS attack

Comment

Does this work on the Raspberry PI version of HS3? I've just installed it but it didn't seem to take effect.

Just wanted to check before I spend any time looking into it.

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X