Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home now available under services! (Discontinued)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have this working (After not working for a few minutes), but I have to say, I don't like how it responds.

It says "Here's HomeSeer", then the response comes. So I say "Hey Google, ask HomeSeer where Sara is" and it says "Sure, here's HomeSeer." (different sounding voice): "Sara is at home"

I wish it would just use the response text and not say "Sure, here's HomeSeer."

Either than that, I'm kinda curious if we can get the actual "device" that sent the command. This way if I have more than 1 home, I can have it know which room I'm in. I already know it works with Jon00's healper script, so the last thing would be the device (And hence room) that the Home Device is in.

For instance, if I'm in the office, I can say "Hey Google, Tell HomeSeer to turn on the lights" and it will "know" I'm using the Office Google Home and can pass that to homeseer so I can only turn on the office lights.

Comment

This all seems like a lot more hassle than the Kinect, which in itself is a hassle at best.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Does this mean we will not hear"Sure here is HomeSeer" but just execute the action/request?

Current implementation works but seems clunky and is a little on the slow side. If I give a command the lights go round and round for a couple seconds before GH responds with voice saying sure... But most times the action is completed before voice acknowledgement.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Note that native "Home Control" support is coming soon!

Comment

When the Smart Home support is ready, then yes, you just give it a command like: ok, google, turn on the lights.

However, this will only work with lights and appliances, Google has control over which devices you can control.

With the current support, its generic, it can control anything connected to HomeSeer.

Originally posted by jimbrandon View Post
          Does this mean we will not hear"Sure here is HomeSeer" but just execute the action/request?

Current implementation works but seems clunky and is a little on the slow side. If I give a command the lights go round and round for a couple seconds before GH responds with voice saying sure... But most times the action is completed before voice acknowledgement.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I still can't get the service working. Linked to my account, recognizes "homeseer" string if I look at the my phone, but lights on both Google Home devices spin and does nothing. Same result regardless of Homeseer account linked or not. It's like it's not really linking the service to my account

IFTTT and Google Assistant are no longer linked either to take out that variable.

Comment

When you link to HomeSeer, you get a login page, does it acknowledge with a confirmation page that its linked? Do you have a MyHS premium account? If so, make sure the login that you are using is assigned to only one system (license ID)

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
              I still can't get the service working. Linked to my account, recognizes "homeseer" string if I look at the my phone, but lights on both Google Home devices spin and does nothing. Same result regardless of Homeseer account linked or not. It's like it's not really linking the service to my account

IFTTT and Google Assistant are no longer linked either to take out that variable.

Comment

When you link to HomeSeer, you get a login page, does it acknowledge with a confirmation page that its linked? Do you have a MyHS premium account? If so, make sure the login that you are using is assigned to only one system (license ID)
                Thanks for the quick reply. I get a login page, I log in, then takes me back to the Google Home app and then shows HS linked. I had an incorrect password initially, and that would fail pretty obviously with a login failure.

If I log into myhs.homeseer.com with the same credentials, and I choose "access system", it takes me right to my HS system. I do not have a Premium Account I believe.

Comment

Hi, I have HomeSeer linked in the service menu and enabled voice devices.
                  But Google home does never understand me by the command HomeSeer, it recognise it as Home Sale, Home CO2, Home CR2 and many other things but not HomeSeer. Have also tried https://www.naturalreaders.com/ with diffrent voices.
                  How do you pronounce it? Any soundfile?
                  Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                  --
                  Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Like: "homezear"

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                    But Google home does never understand me by the command HomeSeer, it recognise it as Home Sale, Home CO2, Home CR2 and many other things but not HomeSeer. Have also tried https://www.naturalreaders.com/ with diffrent voices.

Comment

Hi Tony,
                      how did you link HomeSeer in the service menu outside USA ?
                      I couldn't find it here in Germany.

Regards,
                      Fischi

Comment

Just a heads up that many of the features my Amazon Echo helper package will also work with the Google Home services API without any changes. This should give you greater flexibility with your GH integration and Homeseer!
                        Jon

Comment

Like: "homezear"
                          Thanks, but I think I have to give up

Update, after a power outage today it suddenly start working and respond sure here is Homeseer
                          Last edited by tonlof; April 16, 2017, 01:54 PM.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                            Hi Tony,
                            how did you link HomeSeer in the service menu outside USA ?
                            I couldn't find it here in Germany.

Regards,
                            Fischi
                            Hello Fischi, I used a android device without sim card.
                            Download Fly GPS and select a random location in US
                            Enable developer options if not already done, select Fly GPS and then start the GPS service from the app. Use any VPN ex Cloud VPN and connect to a US server.
                            Unstall google home.
                            Go to app settings and clear the data for google play and force stop it. Open google play and download google home again and see if you have service menu. I almost gave up but above solved it for me, it did never work direktly from my phone where I had sim card so I think they also check the country from the radio part.
                            --
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hello Fischi, I used a android device without sim card.
                              Download Fly GPS and select a random location in US
                              Enable developer options if not already done, select Fly GPS and then start the GPS service from the app. Use any VPN ex Cloud VPN and connect to a US server.
                              Unstall google home.
                              Go to app settings and clear the data for google play and force stop it. Open google play and download google home again and see if you have service menu. I almost gave up but above solved it for me, it did never work direktly from my phone where I had sim card so I think they also check the country from the radio part.
                              Thanks Tony,
                              but I think I'll continue to use my Amazon echo until there exists an official possibility to use Google Home here in Germany :-)

Regards,
                              Fischi

Comment

Not sure what I did, but started worked tonight Thanks again for this!

Comment

Working...
                                X