Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovering players Issue

Hi guys,

Just adapted the PI Sonos controller to 3.0.0.21 version and it stops working. I uninstalled the PI and re-installed again, but now the problem is that it does not discover any of my players although those are online.

Thanks for your help.

Hernan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Date/Time: 5/28/2017 12:21:33 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 54 Minutes 55 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.86.2
    Number of Devices: 136
    Number of Events: 40
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.47.0: BLBackup
    1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
    3.0.0.33: EnvisaLink
    3.4.316.2: HSBuddy
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    1.1.2.8: JowiHue
    1.0.17123.357: MyQ
    3.0.0.26: Nest
    3.0.1.52: PHLocation
    0.0.0.31: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.0: Random
    3.0.0.21: Sonos
    3.0.0.63: weatherXML
    3.0.1.116: Z-Wave

Originally posted by hernanlosada View Post
    Hi guys,

Just adapted the PI Sonos controller to 3.0.0.21 version and it stops working. I uninstalled the PI and re-installed again, but now the problem is that it does not discover any of my players although those are online.

Thanks for your help.

Hernan
    what version did you have before? I suspect that first issue might have been your firewall. Stepping up to a new version seems to trigger (at least with my firewall) a renewal confirmation allowing the PI to access your Ethernet port.
    I think after that things went downhill, how did you remove the PI? There is no uninstall function. Did you manually delete the HS devices? If so probably your .ini file is now completely out of sync.

So you stop HS3, you go to the config folder and delete the sonos.ini file. Restart HS3 and that should clean up things. If it still doesn't discover devices OR after a while the status is not updating, your firewall is not set properly for the PI (note this is the HSPI_SONOS.exe not HS3.exe that you need to give allowance to!).

Dirk

Comment

Thank you Dirk for your prompt response and help.

That was what I thought....the Firewall however I did check it and HSPI_SONOS.exe is unblocked and allowed thru the firewall. I have also removed it and added again to the windows firewall -after the PI upgraded from v3.1.0.16- getting same results...Sons players not discovered.

Since PI stops working right after the update, so I did stop the PI, stop HS3 and deleted all files and folder associated to the PI; that was how I uninstalled the PI; and installed again. Still not working, so, next time I did try the same but just deleting the *.ini file only instead the all the files...and still not working.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Firewall.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1191000

SonosDebug.zip

Click image for larger version

Name:	UPnPViewer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1191002

Thanks for your help.

Hernan

Comment

I couldn't get 3.0.0.21 to work correctly, especially with the newer speakers. Dirk says that version is going to be deprecated at some point in the future.. You might try 3.1.0.20 in the beta section, it is working almost flawlessly for me. The only problem I have is a very rare failure of a TTS announcement when one player is in a locked state.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by hernanlosada View Post
          -after the PI upgraded from v3.1.0.16- getting same results...Sons players not discovered.
          If you came from v3.1.0.16 to 3.0.0.21 you went backwards. The right upgrade version is under the beta section of the updater.

The installed version is not discovering any players, what version of Windows are you running? The version you downgraded to uses the Windows SSDP/UPNP components. I suspect SSDP/UPNP services are either not active or your firewall is not allowing port 1900.

Dirk

Comment

rprade,

That was the problem and installation on Beta version 3.1.0.20 solve it. Now, Sonos PI is working flawlessly . Thanks your help.

Comment

Dirk,

Beta version did the work, now my Sonos PI is back on business .

Thanks for your support.

Hernan

Comment

Working...
              X