Log filter restricts time to yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log filter restricts time to yesterday

New issue that has not resolved with restarting HS3. I cannot set a date for filtering the log other than a time yesterday. Please see the photo.Click image for larger version

Name:	Log.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1211115

Any suggestions to correct problem would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Are you saying that when you click on the down arrow you do not see any dates other than yesterday? Have you tried clicking on the Reset button?
    Attached Files
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
      New issue that has not resolved with restarting HS3. I cannot set a date for filtering the log other than a time yesterday. Please see the photo.[ATTACH]61762[/ATTACH]

Any suggestions to correct problem would be appreciated. Thanks.
      Elliott
      If there is no other dates in the log it means the log was purged. Maybe you have way to much logging going on and it filled up. Settings in the main hs3 settings for how big the log can get and how many days. It overwrites when it hits you max size. So I would open your log and see how much stuff you have in there and what your settings are set to.

Comment

That is correct. There is no pull-down menu for dates other than shown and reset does not make any difference.

Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

That is correct. There is no pull-down menu for dates other than shown and reset does not make any difference.

Elliott
          That means you have no logs saved other then today's!

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
            If there is no other dates in the log it means the log was purged. Maybe you have way to much logging going on and it filled up. Settings in the main hs3 settings for how big the log can get and how many days. It overwrites when it hits you max size. So I would open your log and see how much stuff you have in there and what your settings are set to.
            Well, that in fact may be the problem! Thanks. I have some energy meters that are generating a lot of data in the log. Do you know that if I do not log those meters, I can still graph the energy data?

Elliott

Comment

Well, that in fact may be the problem! Thanks. I have some energy meters that are generating a lot of data in the log. Do you know that if I do not log those meters, I can still graph the energy data?

Elliott

I don't think the logs have anything to do with graphing, but I'm not sure what your using for graphing. I use JON00's and it doesn't use the logs (I don't think anything else does either).

Also you can raise the size of your logs depending on which hardware your on shouldn't be much of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                I don't think the logs have anything to do with graphing, but I'm not sure what your using for graphing. I use JON00's and it doesn't use the logs (I don't think anything else does either).

Also you can raise the size of your logs depending on which hardware your on shouldn't be much of an issue.
                Okay. Thanks very much!

Elliott

Comment

Mine is doing the same thing. But what's interesting is the only option is yesterday. Not today.

When in auto-update, it show current time going back about 2 hours. Then it jumps to previous day.

Log size is set to 50Mb. Surely it's not filling up 50Mb per day.

I'm on a Hometroller Zee S2. what size could it handle?

I also have a energy meter that is updating about every 3 seconds. How can I stop it from logging?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X