JowiHue Plugin Kills My Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue Plugin Kills My Security Cameras

I have 4 Panasonic model HCM-331A security cameras that crash every time I enable the JowiHue plugin. I have other cameras that are not affected. I can't see any camera settings that I can adjust to resolve this. Any thoughts on just what is causing this?

Mike,

No clues here yet. How do you use these camera's with Homeseer? Do you have a certain plugin that uses the camera?.

How does it crash? Are you no longer able to access camera's, or is it the HS functions that are no longer working correct? More details on that would be welcome

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Mike,

No clues here yet. How do you use these camera's with Homeseer? Do you have a certain plugin that uses the camera?.

How does it crash? Are you no longer able to access camera's, or is it the HS functions that are no longer working correct? More details on that would be welcome

Wim
      The cameras are not used with Homeseer at all, they just stream to a Blue Iris DVR and a few tablets that I use for security monitors. (Not currently using the Blue Iris plugin).

It is not a just communication issue. The cameras stop working and require a power cycle to bring them back. It is only this one model of camera, I have other cameras running that are not affected. It is four different cameras with four different IP addresses so I don't think it is a simple IP conflict. It must be a response to some kind of broadcast from the JowiHue plugin.

Enabling the plugin crashes all 4 cameras immediately. If I restart the cameras while the plugin is still enabled they come up but then just crash again. If I disable the plugin and then reboot the cameras they work fine.

The web interface for the cameras is on port 80. RTSP port is 554. I don't know if the cameras use any other ports.

Comment

The only broadcast done by the plugin is a UPNP call for deCONZ and/or Philips Hue bridges to report. After that a connection is made to the gateway of deCONZ or the Philips Hue bridges. This is normally over port 80 for the Philips bridges. The port used for deCONZ is shown during the start up of the plugin. Two ports are used for deCONZ, one for the REST API, the other for the webhook.

It would be very surprising if the plugin would use the 554 port for this. Even when it would use the same port, it is addressing the gateways directly, it is not broadcasting?

I would not have a clue why the camera's decide to go down for the plugin...

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Saw your post on Cocoontech upstatemike.

As you here keep my cameras / Zoneminder DVR mostly away from Homeseer 3 except for viewing on Homeseer touch.

The IP camera RTSP typically uses multiple ports for viewing and control of camera and these are connected to Blue Iris for DVR viewing.

IE: ports 554 and port 80 (or whatever is defined), DNS ports, NTP ports, UPNP ports, et al. Typically these can be adjusted. Some overseas cameras do have static configurations to speak to the internet and many times the US seller of said cameras will post domestic firmwares for US use.

If you have an RPi online you can SSH to the RPi then run a network scan for open ports on any device like your cameras to see open ports.

Here typically disable UPNP (another port). Other multiple camera to DVR users put their cameras on a separate subnet / VLAN or autonomous network such that the DVR connects to two networks (IE: one for the cameras and one main network).

Much of new cameras are mini computers now and are default configured to speak to the mothership on the internet using far away servers for time / DNS.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Saw your post on Cocoontech upstatemike.

As you here keep my cameras / Zoneminder DVR mostly away from Homeseer 3 except for viewing on Homeseer touch.

The IP camera RTSP typically uses multiple ports for viewing and control of camera and these are connected to Blue Iris for DVR viewing.

IE: ports 554 and port 80 (or whatever is defined), DNS ports, NTP ports, UPNP ports, et al. Typically these can be adjusted. Some overseas cameras do have static configurations to speak to the internet and many times the US seller of said cameras will post domestic firmwares for US use.

If you have an RPi online you can SSH to the RPi then run a network scan for open ports on any device like your cameras to see open ports.

Here typically disable UPNP (another port). Other multiple camera to DVR users put their cameras on a separate subnet / VLAN or autonomous network such that the DVR connects to two networks (IE: one for the cameras and one main network).

Much of new cameras are mini computers now and are default configured to speak to the mothership on the internet using far away servers for time / DNS.
            I like the RPI idea but don't have any online at the moment. My RPI project is tentatively scheduled for October so might revisit then if still unsolved. Meantime I will disable UPNP, Audio, and anything else I can find in the camera configuration to see if I can solve this. Otherwise I will leave the plugin disabled for now or replace the cameras. I'm still curious about those $40 POE cameras I saw on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
            X