This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc Load shut off

Anyone else seen a weird behavior with a keypadlinc? I have an 8 button, works clean (I think) but every once in a while the load on the keypad shuts off. When it shuts off, it happens clean (Button light goes out). I have looked and can not see anything in the homeseer logs to show that I screwed up and have a script or event running that is causing this behavior.

Anyonce seen this and can comment? Next step is to replace the switch....

Originally posted by Drake
    Anyone else seen a weird behavior with a keypadlinc? I have an 8 button, works clean (I think) but every once in a while the load on the keypad shuts off. When it shuts off, it happens clean (Button light goes out). I have looked and can not see anything in the homeseer logs to show that I screwed up and have a script or event running that is causing this behavior.

Anyonce seen this and can comment? Next step is to replace the switch....
    My only observation similar to this was a Keypad with a flicker problem I replaced about 2 months ago (I think). Basically an event would trigger to turn off the front lights @ 11pm but it would also turn off the family room light. I double checked the keypad links (6 button config), plug-in configuration, and the HS event itself... nothing. For some reason the keypad was responding to the off command for the other switches even though I didn't program anything. It also started this by itself, I never did anything to include the keypad.

Since I was replacing the keypad anyway for the flicker issue I didn't look any further and explained to the wife the new keypad would fix the problem. I did the device swap with via the plugin and everything went perfectly. The new keypad has never turned off when the front light event is triggered.

So there definately could be something happening...

Comment

I have had the same thing happen 3 times over several months. The whole pad goes dark, and I have to pull on the reset button to restart it. I haven't noticed any errors or powerline glitches.

Comment

Working...
      X