Remote Sensors on Trane Thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Sensors on Trane Thermostat?

Are you speaking of a remote temp sensor? If so why not interface with one using HS and use that in your logic.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You would need new firmware loaded to the thermostat, and I doubt RCS would do that.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I know the RCS serial thermostats will allow you to send a command to the thermostat to display the value from another outside sensor.. so if you have say a dallas 1 wire outdoor temp sensor or such you can have that value displayed on your thermostat.. I dont but maybe the trane Z-wave stats have that same provision?

as for new firmware.. ive been told by RCS they cannot load firmware in the field.. the firmware must be factory loaded.. when i was betas testing ZCV controllers for them we had to swap out boards for new firmware
        -Christopher
        PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Working...
        X