Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from Windows to Linux

Hello,

I am in the process of moving most of my stuff across to the Linux version of HS3. Is there a way I can move the settings from my Windows HS3 system to my Linux HS3 so I dont need to make everything again (e.g. IR Codes and devices and so on).

Many Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I have never tied this. However, I have done this a zillion times on a Windows box. I do the following:

1) Install HomeSeer to same version as old system.
    2) Install all the plug-ins to same version as old system.
    3) Shutdown HomeSeer.
    4) Copy over the contents of Config, Data, Logs and scripts
    5) Start HomeSeer and look for errors.
    6) Review logs to determine if anything was missed.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need to export the IR commands (using Export), then re-import them back into the new system (using Import). This method would require you to rebuild any events associated with IR as the underlying device Id will be different.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

By they way, I got UltraGCIR3 HSPI working in Linux on a $35 Raspberry Pi 2. The plug-in is just as responsive as my HomeSeer3 system running on an Intel i5 dual core processor.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
      X