Concord 4 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord 4 Questions

So I have the Concord 4 and it seems pretty archaic as far as technology goes.

I have old button keypad that beeps loud when you push the buttons. Can I get a new keypad? Maybe a touchscreen one? Something more user friendly for the wife? Is this compatible with the Concord 4?

http://www.interlogix.com/intrusion/...-4-touchscreen

Also, looking to get something integrated with our iPhones. Being able to arm/disarm from them? Is there a wireless module that I can install and hook up to my home wifi? I read about the CDMA/GSM module, but I dont need all that. Just want something to allow me to arm/disarm from an app.

Comment

I agree the concord 4 is archaic.. outcome is same. How bout a touchscreen using hstouch to interact? I use the default hstouch. It works.. few clicks to get to it but when family forgets to lock the door.. it works. Could make my own screen for quicker access
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Comment

I also use the HSTouch on my iPhone to control the alarm. One thing to keep in mind, you can't arm in away remotely, I found this out accidentally. You asked about wifi, I don't think there is that but there are keyfobs available.
          As to the loud beeping, I covered the "speaker" with tape to muffle it so I wouldn't get ear bleed when operating the panel.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sesykes71 View Post
            I also use the HSTouch on my iPhone to control the alarm. One thing to keep in mind, you can't arm in away remotely, I found this out accidentally. You asked about wifi, I don't think there is that but there are keyfobs available.
            As to the loud beeping, I covered the "speaker" with tape to muffle it so I wouldn't get ear bleed when operating the panel.

Steve
            Are you checking off "Silent" in the config? That should stop the beeping when you arm it. And you should be able to arm remotely if you use Vers 3.1.13.8

Z

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith032 View Post
              So I have the Concord 4 and it seems pretty archaic as far as technology goes.
              Agreed. It does work though and if your of the mind set of "kiss" than it's just the ticket. I haven't had any (major) issues to date. I can't say that about the Insteon issues I am going thru now though.... grrr.

I have old button keypad that beeps loud when you push the buttons. Can I get a new keypad? Maybe a touchscreen one? Something more user friendly for the wife? Is this compatible with the Concord 4?
              http://www.interlogix.com/intrusion/...-4-touchscreen
              Yes. Although I don't have one to tell you it works 100%, the C4 Touchscreen should work as connected to A/B and 12v 4 wire. You must have a keypad though to program the C4. The touchscreen will not do that.

Also, looking to get something integrated with our iPhones. Being able to arm/disarm from them? Is there a wireless module that I can install and hook up to my home wifi? I read about the CDMA/GSM module, but I dont need all that. Just want something to allow me to arm/disarm from an app.
              There is no stand alone C4 app I am aware of. That's why we use HS3 and PI, right? Am I missing something? I usually am....

MM

Comment

If you are talking about ver 3.1.13.8 it pretty much does everything you could possibly need on an smartphone app. I couldn't see the need for a separate Concord touchscreen keypad. In fact I've hardly used a physical keypad since installing the plugin.

The Concord panel is still very capable in comparison to other so called modern panels. I'm using the Concord wireless sensors in other areas of HS3 for controlling devices. The open/close capability of these sensors gives endless options when monitoring other devices and the IR motion sensors are great for creating scene and prescence in a property.

I'm just back from vacation and was able to have full independent monitoring of my property via cameras, Concord and x10 lighting and knew when others were in and out of the property. As a bonus I even have Alexa arming and disarming the panel.

All in all a very capable panel made even more capable by the Concord plugin.

Comment

Working...
                X