Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plug-in supports the PCS USB PIM, not the Simply Automated one. The serial PIM from any of the manufacturers should work.

Jon

Originally posted by espressodaily View Post
    I just purchased the USB CIM from Simply Automated and saw messages regarding HomeSeer not working very well with USB versions. I then saw this area.

What's the final word on this? I need to know quickly if I must exchange the unit for the RS-232 version.

With the released version of the plugin, I am getting this:
    I am getting error saying "Error: Error in InitIO: System.Exception: Can not find the UPB PIM. Please check your UPB configuration settings."

Does the beta address this issue?
    Does the beta plugin properly support this device?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Beta 1.0.4

Is there a release version available, since the beta is running out soon?

Comment

Updated, see first post.

Jon

Originally posted by jdklem View Post
        Is there a release version available, since the beta is running out soon?
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

The location of a link device can be changed in HomeSeer and the change will "stick" and not cause issues with the plug-in. Normally UPStart stores all the attributes for a device but there is no location for a link so the plug-in just initializes it to "UPB Device Link". If you change the location to something else in HomeSeer the plug-in will continue to honor that new location through restarts.
          Jon,
          This is a very nice feature. I utilize both links and devices for my control in HS over UPB. Is there a way to enable the same feature with the UPB devices such that all of them are in one location versus separate locations per device?
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I just noticed this beta. Its quite old. How stable is it? Why is it not in the updater?
            -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
            Way2 Call
            Elk M1 Gold
            UPB HAI switches
            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I've been using it since it came out. It has a couple of oddities that i passed on to Jon but nothing big. Mostly it was done for the "dual load" devices so they reported correctly. If my memory isn't too too fuzzy.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I've been irritated by a dual load switch reporting wrong since I put it in over a year ago. Wish this made it to the updater!

This is one area that I hope HS3 improves upon, keeping plugins up to date with technologies.
                -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                Way2 Call
                Elk M1 Gold
                UPB HAI switches
                HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                  I've been irritated by a dual load switch reporting wrong since I put it in over a year ago. Wish this made it to the updater!

This is one area that I hope HS3 improves upon, keeping plugins up to date with technologies.
                  I assume it hasn't gotten to the updater because it's technically still a beta. It shows that clearly in the log at a HomeSeer start up giving you this warning.

This is a Beta build of the UPB plug-in. Beta testing is inherently risky because the code is not yet production quality.
                  DO NOT use this code in a production environment where stability and reliability are important.

But it's been working pretty well for me since i installed it and it did fix me up with my SA dual load switches. Who knows maybe it's waiting for HS3 for the full treatment. With all the things waiting for HS3 it must be quite the update they're working on.

For those around for awhile it's one thing that some plug-ins haven't be updated or even looked at for years, others simply abandoned and waiting for someone to do a limited buy of the code, those folks know the scoop.

The people i feel for are those newer users who bought the HS Pro version after reading all those fabulous write ups of all the amazing plug-ins that came with the program, you know and expecting them all to do as advertised.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Yes, why is this not in the updater ?? I just downloaded the latest HS and there was no mention of this....

Comment

Are we still at the beta version of this plugin?

I was running it on my HS Standard machine (test mode); did an update via updater and it no longer runs.

The same beta (?) version is running on my HSPro machine just fine?
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

yes, still in the beta. As far as I know you install the plug-in from the updater, then just drop in the new file at the top of this thread.

Are you saying that the beta is not working for you at all?
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

Its working fine on my HSPro V.76 right now. I've been testing on the HS Standard V.78 machine and had it installed but not connected (on and off really).

I had the beta installed and its been fine now for a few months on the HS Standard machine. I did go to the updater a few weeks back and it removed/disabled all of the licensing on that machine. That said I manually re-entered all of the licensing and everything worked except for the UPB plugin.

Are you saying that the beta is not working for you at all?
                          I redid the install and the HSPro appears to be running with the following indications in the interface setup pieces. The HSStandard is in trial mode and I cannot change it.

Fixed it. It's a real PITA to have to have to get to a point of playing with my owned licensing files to get this to work. It appears that the Updater breaks the licensing on both my HSPro and HS Standard licensed versions of HS.

The posted "reboot" fix doesn't work. Re-registering kind of works but not on my HSPro box and now finding out that it doesn't work too well on my HS Standard box.

I really do not enjoy manupulating my own licensing files to get this working; very mickey mouse.

I guess I will not for any reason go to the HS updater anymore while running beta versions of HSPro and HS Standard.
                          Last edited by Pete; February 17, 2013, 12:53 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I've not had any trouble with the UPB plug-in version 1.04, like i said somewhere on here before it has a couple of oddities but nothing big. I'm also running the latest HS beta here. Granted I've not downloaded anything from the updater for a long time so maybe that's the difference. I am pretty sure that you were resetting up a HS system of whatever version, you need to go to the updater and download and install version 1.03 of the plug-in and after that's up and running drop the new DLL file over the old one to get version 1.04 working.

Glad you got it working, even though it was a PITA. So far along the HS path I've not had any troubles with licensing, thankfully.
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

I am pretty sure that you were resetting up a HS system of whatever version, you need to go to the updater and download and install version 1.03 of the plug-in and after that's up and running drop the new DLL file over the old one to get version 1.04 working.
                              Marty; apologies for the rant but....

Not at all; just using the updater even if you do not update a plugin screws with the licensing. I noticed this with the original update to beta for the ACRF plugin. That said it used to totally mess with my HSPro licensing and never really affected my HS Standard licensing until the last updater look.

On the HSPro machine the reregistering of my licenses doesn't work any more and hasn't for a while. For the HS Standard machine I hadn't gone to the updater. I did in the last few weeks. That said it did put everything into trial mode. I registered everything and the only issue I had was with the UPB plugin. That said I fixed it copying the night befores "lf" file which really is a mickey mouse way to get my licensing working.

I have much more licensed plugins (purchased) than I use or need at this time (this is what happens after using HS for some 15 years or so).

The posted solution of "rebooting" and or "reregistering" has not worked as stated for me personally.

I have also posted that fact/issue multiple times since I started to beta test the newer versions of HSPro and HS.

Mostly because when I use the updater I really don't like to spend more than 15 minutes to get a running licensed version of HS; that is actually detrimental to me even wanting to test anything at all.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

No problem Pete, I completely understand that there are times when HomeSeer can just drive you nuts with one thing or another. I've been known to rant a time or two myself.

I agree that the licensing problem can be a pain. I have no idea why I've never had it happen to me but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't.
                                Marty
                                ------

Comment

Working...
                                X