Homeseer and CMAX Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and CMAX Software?

I have a hometroller S6 Pro System and was wondering if I can download CMAX Software onto it without messing up the homeseer HS3 operation?
    I want to learn some IR commands with CMAX and use as devices in homeseer HS3. I read some threads on the forum from back in 2002 and there were problems with CMAX software and HS3 software on same system. When leaving or exiting CMAX software and opening homeseer software the homeseer software would lock up intermittently? Just wondering if this is still an issue? Would hope not.....Rick

It should not be an issue.

That said the new Homeseer 3 GTS CPUXA Ocelot Plug-in (3P) plugin works great in Windows and Linux Homeseer 3 such that there is need to use the C-MAX software.
    Last edited by Pete; March 11, 2018, 01:28 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete,

I have a Leopard 1 touchscreen panel and am using Bruce's cpuxa plugin. I am unable to train ir commands and Bruce suggested using CMAX Software to train ir. He tested his software with a regular ocelot but didn't have a leopard panel to test with his plugin. The thinking was that the leopard panel is the same as a regular ocelot except for the touchscreen. Bruce couldn't verify because again he didn't have access to a leopard panel. The cpuxa (3P) plugin works great on the leopard with x10 but does not appear to work with ir. Any further thoughts are much appreciated....Rick
      Last edited by Rick Bonari; March 11, 2018, 01:43 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Yeah here never purchased a Leopard panel and originally utilized the Ocelot for the TW-523 and AD stuff way back in the early 2000's. Not really using Ocelot today but did test the Homeseer 3 plugin except for the IR stuff. Thinking you may be able to contact the makers of the Ocelot.

Just looked at the Ocelot-Adicon website and it appears to have been updated and there also appears to be an active support forum.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Cmax on HS3 system

I use cmax alongside hs3 on the same win10 box.

Obviously only one program can communicate with the ocelot/leopard at a time over the serial connection though.

I have had no issues at all as long I shut down hs3 to to undertake cmax program updates in the ocelot and I run cmax as administrator in win 10.

I do use the GTS ocelot plugin for hs3 integration which is excellent. I keep a few mission critical processes running in the ocelot/secu16 combination for heating and electric gates. I have had the ocelot for over 15 years and it has run its code 24/7 without missing a beat.

Jon

Comment

I also run cmax and HS3 on the same W10 box. I seem to remember that I was unable to use the cmax installer in Win10 so I just copied the cmax directory from an installation on Win7. The exe is then run as an administrator.

I also run the Ocelot for certain mission critical work and like Jon, has never failed in 14 years. Although I have now moved on from using IR using the Ocelot, I always used cmax for IR code learning and never used the HS interface.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X