No announcement yet.

ADIOcelot Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Michael, I was a little dense there.

Here is the log output
    1/6/2005 3:24:51 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Initiating 8 second wait for start of next minute to set clock
    1/6/2005 3:24:55 PM~!~Info~!~Exec command: D5 preset dim dim: 0 extra: 0
    1/6/2005 3:24:59 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Setting Clock to 241 61 0 0 4 2 5 1 6 0 1 0 5 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The command went, but the clock remains set ~20 minutes behind, where I set to test originally.

Paul
    Paul

Comment

Enable theh Log Comms checkbox and see if anything turns up in the comm log (not hs log) to provide a hint. The plugin waits for 3 seconds for the 3 byte acknowledge and if not received a message will also go to this log. Also look to confirm that what is shown in your post from the hs log is the correct command. The checksum was not printed there, but it uses the same checksum computation function that all other messages to the ocelot use.

Comment

Michael,
        I think I found what is likely the problem - the board swallowed several items from the command posted above. I changed the < to [ and reposted the command below.

Set CPU-XA Real Time Clock

-]Send 50 binary bytes: [241] [61] [0] [0] [min] [10min] [hour] [10hour] [day] [10day] [month] [10month] [year] [10year] [weekday] [0] [0] [0]……. [0] [csum]

[-Receive 3 byte header: [6] [0] [6]

Note: This command updates the CPU-XA's Real Time Clock

Data Explanation:
        Monday, December 01, 1997 12:05PM translates as below…..
        < 241> <61> 0 0 5 0 2 1 1 0 2 1 7 9 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 < 15>

jim

Comment

What I see from this is that the year is 2 digits and it is followed by weekday otherwise all else is the same. Attached has this update made.
          Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 7, 2005, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Michael,
            Tried 1.9.2 and got the following:
            ah.log
            1/6/2005 11:40:15 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Version 1.9.2 Registered with FrmHSPI
            1/6/2005 11:40:17 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Using Comm Port 2
            1/6/2005 11:41:20 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Initiating 39 second wait for start of next minute to set clock
            1/6/2005 11:41:59 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Initiating 0 second wait for start of next minute to set clock
            1/6/2005 11:41:59 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Initiating 0 second wait for start of next minute to set clock
            1/6/2005 11:42:00 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Initiating 59 second wait for start of next minute to set clock
            1/6/2005 11:42:25 PM~!~X10 Received~!~B13 (Basement Back Light) B On
            1/6/2005 11:42:59 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Setting Clock to 241 61 0 0 2 4 3 2 6 0 1 0 5 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

ocelot.log
            1/6/2005 11:42:59 PM MSCOMM
            1/6/2005 11:43:03 PM Ocelot Timeout Expected: 3 Got: 2
            1/6/2005 11:43:03 PM Waiting for var info from Ocelot

Is there an extra byte being sent? The command should be 50 bytes long but I'm counting 51. The coding of the date looks correct to me.
            241 61 0 0 2 4 3 2 6 0
            1 0 5 0 5 0 0 0 0 0
            0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
            0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
            0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

jim

Comment

I had sent 50 plus checksum. Looks like it want 50 including checksum. I ran this with no timeouts in the comm log after setting clock so it should be good to go.
              Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 7, 2005, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I will test this when I get home tonight. I really appreciate your support on this.

Paul
                Paul

Comment

I just now caught this thread and so have yet had a chance to test the clock set function but will this weekend.

This got me wondering whether it is possible to integrate HomeSeer and Ocelot a little more. If it could be done, I would help where possible. Here is what I am thinking:
                  • Edit CMAX code using ADIOcelot - I could work on editor code that would work better than CMAX editor. We would just need to be able to trigger a download of the code to the Ocelot.
                  • Download (or is that Upload?) IR to file - I learn commands within HS but rarely save the IR info to a file for backup or direct editing.
                  • Upload IR from file
                  Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                  My Hardware & Software

Comment

I would be happy to add another escapes to an alternate adi shell in addition to the one for cmax if you want to add a sweeter environment than the one provided by adi. Perhaps your thinking is more like some specific functions related to file management that could be invoked by HS event and the plugin would coordinate the running of external tools that perform the operation and then resume normal HS operations when done.

Comment

Jim-

Thats an interesting thought, and at the same time a tall order. Its tokenizing a variety of Ocelot commands, plus essentially an assembler function to deal with addressing. When an "If condition" is false, something has to tell the code where to "jump" to. I guess reverse engineering Ocelot programs can provide that info.

Some Ocelot users wrote an assembler, and then coverted it Java. Their work should help.

http://javacelot.sourceforge.net/index.shtml

The Homeseer / ADI Ocelot is a great interface and I appreciate being able to use it, especially for free. Jim I will support the efforts to further integrate the two, to the extent my skills can help

Paul
                      Paul

Comment

Michael - that got it. There were no messages in the log. The function seems to round down to the next lowest minute but that is really not a big deal to me.

I worked with the button, I will reset my ocelot to the wrong time see what happens at 1:00 am as well.

Paul
                        Paul

Comment

Michael,
                          Setting the clock worked here too.
                          jim

Comment

Michael,
                            Something that I noticed with 1.9.3 - it doesn't recognize my existing ocelot devices. I eventually noticed something wasn't right with 1.9.2 just before going to bed and threw 1.7.0 back on until I could look at it and narrow things down.

Currently I'm running HS 1.7.7 and ADIOcelot 1.7.0. When I load 1.9.3 the HS devices are still there but aren't updated. When I enter 1.9.3 setup it shows no house code is assigned for ocelot variables nor either of my secu16 devices. When I reload 1.7.0 the devices are recognized and updated again. The housecodes used by 1.7.0 are [ \ for the ocelot, ] for the secu16 and ^ for the secu16i.

I did check ocelot.log and it looks normal. IO changes at ocelot are seen and recorded so it appears as if the newer version has some issue recognizing the old devices.
                            jim

Comment

I looked at the interface property of my devices and found a mixture of cases in the text so I changed to plugin to be case insensitive during comparison. Otherwise my variables and IO showed up when I reconnected the plugin to Homeseer 1.6.174. Attached is the update on the interface property change and I included the utility I used to look at and manage the interface property of devices. I move devices in and out of xap world and homeseer is fussy about this device property. It is just an exe that can run from anywhere.

See if this plugin change makes any difference for you.
                              Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 9, 2005, 02:01 AM.

Comment

No, it still doesn't see any of the devices.

The ManageInterface gave the following error: "Component 'MSDATGRD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.". I found the file on another computer and copied it over to the HS computer. It then starts with an error window of "Microsoft DataGrid Control - Cannot initialize data bindings". The program then loads but there is no data displayed.

I assume that I need to look inside the hs xml file. What do I look for?
                                Guessing that it's the one labelled 'interface'- mine are blank.
                                thanks
                                jim

Comment

Working...
                                X