Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. That worked. Lets see whats next. I will update soon.

Comment

It's works.

Comment

OK. I got back "Siri proxy is up and running". Then I realized I skipped this step:
        7. Run Bundler
        rvmsudo siriproxy bundle
        8. Start the server
        rvmsudo siriproxy server
        I ran those commands and did not get the "Starting SiriProxy on" message.
        What's next?

Comment

I have edited the siriproxy-example.rb file to include this statement:

listen_for /Bedtime/i do
          say "You got it Jay"
          end

request_completed #always complete your request! Otherwise the phone will "spin" at the user!
          end

However, siri doesn't recognize it. The other example statements it does recognize. Is there something I'm doing wrong. Is there a different way I should be editing that file. It's like the server doesn't even see the phrase bedtime and in fact it comes up as no matches.

Comment

The spacing in the file makes a big difference - try this:
            <2 spaces here>listen_for /Bedtime/i do
            <4 spaces here>say "You got it Jay"
            <4 spaces here>request_completed
            <2 spaces here>end

Comment

I happened to have it just that way as I lined it up with the others and it still ignores my request. There's gotta me something minor here I'm doing wrong.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm at about the same point. I got the message "Siri Proxy is up and running" w/o the bundling because I was using the downloaded fully configured VMWare Appliance and the Step 7 Bundler action appeared only inthe Main Install portion of the instructions.

I think my problem has to do with the DNS pointing. Is the only change to put the virtual machine's IP address in the DNS position of the phone's Wifi settings? Do the other addresses already there remain? It doesn't seem to make any difference. Siri proxy server doesn't respond when I do the testing...

Comment

I made a similar change in the example file and it was like it wasn't there. I restarted the virtual appliance and the change was there. So there must be a way or command to update the file with out a restart.

I also could not do a sudo reboot, sudo halt or anything. I had to force a restart of the VM player - thats not good.

Comment

Does the siri proxy server have to be stopped (some how) to reboot ubuntu? Is there a GUI with this preconfigured package?

Comment

Got Siri Working with HomeSeer!

I've tried everything editing that siriproxy-example.rb file. Can anyone confirm that editing it works. I've tried changing the spacing, removing the plugin from the config file and then readding it, removing the file, editing and them replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarner View Post
                        I'm at about the same point. I got the message "Siri Proxy is up and running" w/o the bundling because I was using the downloaded fully configured VMWare Appliance and the Step 7 Bundler action appeared only inthe Main Install portion of the instructions.

I think my problem has to do with the DNS pointing. Is the only change to put the virtual machine's IP address in the DNS position of the phone's Wifi settings? Do the other addresses already there remain? It doesn't seem to make any difference. Siri proxy server doesn't respond when I do the testing...
                        Yes, just change the dns address to the virtual machines after installing the certificate on the phone. Leave the rest of the addresses alone. Trying restarting the dns command on the vm. Also, i found rebooting my phone worked.

Comment

Originally posted by X10joe View Post
                          I made a similar change in the example file and it was like it wasn't there. I restarted the virtual appliance and the change was there. So there must be a way or command to update the file with out a restart.

I also could not do a sudo reboot, sudo halt or anything. I had to force a restart of the VM player - thats not good.
                          You need to read part 1 it tells you exactly what to do after changing the config file

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                          HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                          2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                          USB UIRT
                          Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                          WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                          HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                          HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                          2GIG Thermostat
                          BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                          BLUPS
                          UltraLog (SQL2008)
                          Jon00 Plugins
                          Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                          Global Cache IP2IR
                          Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                            You need to read part 1 it tells you exactly what to do after changing the config file
                            I use sudo halt all the time

Worst case do su -
                            Then reboot

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                            HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                            2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                            USB UIRT
                            Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                            WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                            HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                            HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                            2GIG Thermostat
                            BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                            BLUPS
                            UltraLog (SQL2008)
                            Jon00 Plugins
                            Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                            Global Cache IP2IR
                            Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                              I use sudo halt all the time

Worst case do su -
                              Then reboot
                              Hey Mark, any advice on changing the example plugin file? I've siri proxy updated after changing a number of times. The proxy responds appropriately to what you already have in there I just can't add anything without it ignoring it...

Comment

jayman13,
                                Looks like you have an extra "end" in the middle after say "You got it Jay" - remove that and try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X