This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    The product shipped from Amazon contained no helpful information. In fact, I doubt it contains the minimum labeling information required by law! Although it contains a large instruction sheet, nice for visually impaired users, it contains no information about: are batteries required, what type of batteries, how to install the batteries, the purpose of the Micro USB power adapter. etc! This lack of basic information is really irritating to me. But "you get what you pay for"!

The biggest surprise, was the size of the clamp-on current sensing transformers. I am very familiar with the CR3110A current transformer. I mistakenly thought the AEON device was using a private label version of this transformer; they look the same. However the AEON transformers are Huge! 4 times bigger than the CR3110a. Yeah they work, but not what I expected. All the pictures I have seen, give the impression of a fairly small device.

I think I got my money's worth, so I shouldn't complain.

I still have a lot more to do to fully utilize this device.

Steve Q
    Again, remember... these are liquidated units from a large customer order. These particular units may have been modified to the specs of the Telcom that purchased them. That may explain the lack of documentation and non-standard parts.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      It's $19.99 with FREE shipping now!
      $53.35 Canadian....

Got to love Canadian pricing for this stuff...
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        $53.35 Canadian....

Got to love Canadian pricing for this stuff...
        $53??? Mine was $19.99 + $11 shipping to Canada (including one other item) which equates to about $43...

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Mine came in today and added fine to the Z-Net. I already had a gen2 on my network for whole house HEM.

Question about current sensors - Must you clamp it around the hot lead only? Can you clamp it around the entire washer/dryer cable?
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Mine came in today and added fine to the Z-Net. I already had a gen2 on my network for whole house HEM.

Question about current sensors - Must you clamp it around the hot lead only? Can you clamp it around the entire washer/dryer cable?
            You can't clamp it around both conductors as current travels in the opposite direction on the other conductor which cancels out the current detected. Needs to be around one conductor only. With the dryer, if it's an electric dryer, you really would need two clamps to measure all of the current flow. If the intent is only to detect if it's running, not how much power it uses, you can clamp it around the neutral as it will have the return current for the motor which would run at 120VAC, not 240VAC. If the outlets are dedicated circuits, you could install it in the breaker panel instead as it will be easier to clamp around an individual conductor there.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              $53??? Mine was $19.99 + $11 shipping to Canada (including one other item) which equates to about $43...

Cheers
              Al
              amazon.ca...

Thanks. I'll try amazon.com
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

amazon.ca...

Thanks. I'll try amazon.com
                I did buy mine through Amazon.com:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIBSKFU. Price has gone up $5 since last week:

Items: $24.99
                Shipping & handling: $9.48
                Total before tax: $34.47
                Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
                Import Fees Deposit $1.25
                Order total: $35.72

Comment

Thanks Sparkman. Those are of course in U.S.... I just placed the order and noticed it went up as well.

I will not be able to upgrade to HS3 until after January, in the meantime, this should work with HS2 right?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    You can't clamp it around both conductors as current travels in the opposite direction on the other conductor which cancels out the current detected. Needs to be around one conductor only. With the dryer, if it's an electric dryer, you really would need two clamps to measure all of the current flow. If the intent is only to detect if it's running, not how much power it uses, you can clamp it around the neutral as it will have the return current for the motor which would run at 120VAC, not 240VAC. If the outlets are dedicated circuits, you could install it in the breaker panel instead as it will be easier to clamp around an individual conductor there.

Cheers
                    Al
                    Ah - thanks Al - much appreciated!
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks Sparkman. Those are of course in U.S.... I just placed the order and noticed it went up as well.

I will not be able to upgrade to HS3 until after January, in the meantime, this should work with HS2 right?

Rob
                      Hi Rob, yes US$ I believe it works with HS2.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

Attached Files
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          or even simpler, use the EasyTrigger: This device's value has been in range [0,2] for exactly 60 seconds

Spud
                          I think I am missing something simple here. I would imagine that I would choose the "Easy Trigger: A Device's Value is..." trigger. From there I only see two sub triggers:
                          1. "The device's value was and becomes..." and
                          2. "Comparison between 2 devices etc etc"

The first one only allows me to choose a device and then choose -2147483648 from both the "was" and "becomes" drop downs. Is this functionality implemented some other way or perhaps my Easy Trigger install isn't working correctly. I am currently on PI version 3.0.0.13 on HS 3.0.0.206 on Win 10

Cheers
                          James
                          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                            Spud
                            I think I am missing something simple here. I would imagine that I would choose the "Easy Trigger: A Device's Value is..." trigger. From there I only see two sub triggers:
                            1. "The device's value was and becomes..." and
                            2. "Comparison between 2 devices etc etc"

The first one only allows me to choose a device and then choose -2147483648 from both the "was" and "becomes" drop downs. Is this functionality implemented some other way or perhaps my Easy Trigger install isn't working correctly. I am currently on PI version 3.0.0.13 on HS 3.0.0.206 on Win 10

Cheers
                            James
                            you need EasyTrigger version 3.0.0.17, it's not yet in the updater but available here

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              you need EasyTrigger version 3.0.0.17, it's not yet in the updater but available here

Knew it had to be something simple. Got it now. Thanks.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

So I just go my aeon energy reader and I had a question about the z-wave (I'm not overly comfortable with z-wave yet). While still on HS2, I was wondering, do I need to poll the device to get the energy reading? If so, what rate would you suggest. The CCE plugin just reads the meter - I believe the energy readings are real time with the CCE but not so with the AER.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X