HS3 touch and thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 touch and thermostats

Under climate in HS3 touch I can see my thermostats and how they are set. However if I try to change a set point it doesn't work. For example if it shows the cooling set for 73 and I press the up arrow it will go to 74 but after a few seconds it reverts to 73. It is as though it tried to make the change and failed.
    Any ideas on how to make this work?

Sounds like HOLD is on, on the thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by JCCccc View Post
      Under climate in HS3 touch I can see my thermostats and how they are set. However if I try to change a set point it doesn't work. For example if it shows the cooling set for 73 and I press the up arrow it will go to 74 but after a few seconds it reverts to 73. It is as though it tried to make the change and failed.
      Any ideas on how to make this work?
      Are you running BLStat or any other Thermostat Control plug-in-in? BLStat will prevent overriding of setpoints unless specifically allowed for each Thermostat in the plug-in configuration. Other plug-ins may have similar features.

Other than that, I have no suggestions. HSTouch controls all of our thermostats without issue.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
        Sounds like HOLD is on, on the thermostat.
        That was it. Thanks. We were flooded by Harvey and are still living upstairs so my wife had the two downstairs thermostats on hold.

Comment

Now I am having another issue. Under climate in HS3 touch it shows the three thermostats as root devices but often when I try to open a particular thermostat it will not open. I press on any thermostat and nothing happens. It seems to be completely random as to whether it works or not.

Any ideas?

Comment

Are you connecting with the local IP or with MyHS?

Comment

Are you seeing autonomous controls / variables listed in your HS 3 web gui for the Leviton Omni variables for each thermostat?

Do you currently see the three thermostats using PCAcces, Snaplink (WAN or LAN connected) / Omnitouch touch screens (LAN or WAN connected)?
              Last edited by Pete; December 27, 2017, 10:21 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
                Are you connecting with the local IP or with MyHS?
                I am connecting with MyHs. I can see all the thermostats in Pcaccess and when I log on to Homeseer on the computer. The issue is only with HStouch.

Comment

This is an issue with HSTouch that was brought up last year. Personally thought it was fixed.

What client are you using? iOS or Android?

HSTOUCH Does not control thermostats

HS Touch and Tstats
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am using iOS. The strange thing is that it is intermittent. When I go to climate control I can always see the three root devices but sometimes when I click on them the controls for the thermostat show up and work fine while other times when I click on the root device nothing happens at all.

Comment

Googling the forum I see that it did once work fine with iOS and recently it stopped and or become intermittent as you mention for some unknown reason.

Thinking the newest beta iOS touch client is working maybe. (newest of the new).

Give it a try.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks. I upgraded to the latest HS3 and things seem to be worse. Now I also cannot control one of my zwave switches. Where do I get the latest beta of hs touch? Interestingly my wife's android seems to work fine.

Comment

Has anyone found a solution for this - by the looks it has gone on for years!

Comment

Working...
                          X