www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > RFID Plug-ins > RFID Discussion > iAutomate RFID Plug-In (3P)

iAutomate RFID Plug-In (3P) Discussions pertaining to iAutomate.com's RFID plug-in for HomeSeer.

Old December 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Seer Deluxe

Tag Out of Range for HH:MM:SS Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1pp3r View Post
Same here!

I held off on HS3 for the iAutomate plugin, which works ok. The only issue i have is the trigger "Tag out of range for xx time" does not seem to retrigger after it has triggered once.

I used a workaround by using "Tag leaves range of reader, start timer" Its not ideal, but it works and seems more stable.
If you report suspected issues to us via email, we can test and address as necessary. We'll try to duplicate here.

Thanks

Peter
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmonahan View Post
If you report suspected issues to us via email, we can test and address as necessary. We'll try to duplicate here.

Thanks

Peter
I had planned to, just wasn't a priority since the work around seems to actually work really well with the timers.
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1pp3r View Post
The only issue i have is the trigger "Tag out of range for xx time" does not seem to retrigger after it has triggered once.

I used a workaround by using "Tag leaves range of reader, start timer" Its not ideal, but it works and seems more stable.
We are unable to duplicate on two different HS3 systems. The trigger you reference fires every time.

Can you post the Entire event with conditions, or email us a screenshot to support@ please?

Thanks
Old December 14th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Seer Master

Question

Peter,
I currently have two installations of HomeSeer: one is on a dedicated silent industrial PC (primary install) and I also maintain an up-to-date backup on a virtual Win8x64 machine. If the primary PC is down, I boot up the VM copy and automation goes on

The Z-Troller, having a serial connection, is connected to either version of HomeSeer via Serial-to-Ethernet Global Cache device. This way, I can easily bring up the cloud backup, without having to physically be home and disconnect/reconnect things.

Here is where I come to iAutomate. My 1-2 y.o. iAutomate RFID stuff is serial-based, as you are well aware. However, your plugin for HS3 only allows to choose a Com port, as a method of connection. Does that mean that unless the hardware is physically connected to a physical PC with a serial port, I can't use it at all?
Old July 1st, 2016, 11:20 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmonahan View Post
We are unable to duplicate on two different HS3 systems. The trigger you reference fires every time.

Can you post the Entire event with conditions, or email us a screenshot to support@ please?

Thanks
I'm having the same problem. Here is my event. I have also attached an image of the event.

Event Name: Type Group Reassign:
Submit
SusanIsAway
Run the event actions. Note that the event trigger is ignored. Event is enabled, click to disable. Edit all parts of this event. Delete this event. Copy this Event. Submit

IF Tag Susan has been out of range of Attic Reader#1 for 0days 0hours 5min 0sec Submit Submit Make changes to this trigger or condition. Submit Add a trigger or condition.
Then
Set Device Motion House Occupied Susan to Off
Submit Submit Make changes to this event action. Delete this action. Add an action.

Set the Desired Event Options Here:
Priority Event Include in Powerfailure Recovery
Security (Randomize Time Triggers) Remove This Event After Triggering Do Not Log This Event
Cannot Re-Run For: 0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes 0 Seconds
Edit Time Span
Attached Images

Old August 22nd, 2016, 09:42 AM
Seer Deluxe

You have commented on a post that is almost two years old, I think. The written remarks have us confused.

In addition, we need to know your version of HS, the version of RFID plugin, your OS etc.

We also need the tag log for the entire period of time that the Trigger was being evaluated. In your example of 5 min, we would need a log for the period just before the tag left (Showing the tag detected), spanning 5 minutes, plus one minute beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflo View Post
I'm having the same problem. Here is my event. I have also attached an image of the event.

Event Name: Type Group Reassign:
Submit
SusanIsAway
Run the event actions. Note that the event trigger is ignored. Event is enabled, click to disable. Edit all parts of this event. Delete this event. Copy this Event. Submit

IF Tag Susan has been out of range of Attic Reader#1 for 0days 0hours 5min 0sec Submit Submit Make changes to this trigger or condition. Submit Add a trigger or condition.
Then
Set Device Motion House Occupied Susan to Off
Submit Submit Make changes to this event action. Delete this action. Add an action.

Set the Desired Event Options Here:
Priority Event Include in Powerfailure Recovery
Security (Randomize Time Triggers) Remove This Event After Triggering Do Not Log This Event
Cannot Re-Run For: 0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes 0 Seconds
Edit Time Span

Last edited by pmonahan; August 22nd, 2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
Seer Deluxe

Tag Out of Range for HH:MM:SS Trigger

If you have questions about the Tag Out of Range for HH:MM:SS Trigger, please post in this thread.