www.homeseer.com    

Old February 17th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Seer Plus

Smartenit IOT4R support?

I'm a couple of years behind the times -- at least! I run HS2, have an ISY99, and a device that just died was a Smartenit EZIO40. I want to replace that device, but have found that it was discontinued. The replacement model goes by IOT4R. Does the ISY Plug-in have support for this new device yet? And, in particular, support that would accommodate my outdated system?

A somewhat related issue is that I bought a EZIO8SA from Smarthome thinking this would serve as a replacement for the EZIO40 (not being aware of the existence of the IOT4R). After struggling to link it to my ISY99, I contacted Smartenit and was told it must have a dedicated PLM. I've thought I was going to return it, but if you tell me there's no way to link one of those new IOT4Rs, I might get another PLM and try to proceed with the EZIO8SA.

Thanks in advance.
Old February 17th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Seer Master

I don't know. The plug-in uses the Insteon product/category identifiers of the device so if the new IoT4R is still using the same values, it will work, if it's using different values, then it will get some generic IO type support by the plug-in, but it won't be correct.

I've sent a query to SmartEnit on this so well see what they say.

If the values are different, updating the plugin should be simple, assuming I can still build the HS2 version. I haven't tried that in quite a while.
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Old February 17th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Seer Plus

Bob,
Thanks for your reply. I do hope you'll provide me with some follow up when you've heard from Smartenit.
Regards,
Bob Miller