Zone Names Don't all come over from panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone Names Don't all come over from panel

I have set up the plugin and can talk to the panel (arm/disarm) and the zone types have come over correctly but only two of the 21 zone names has (another 14 unused Zone ## have come over) . I am using the latest version with 2.0.66 and a NX8E with only wireless sensors. Your program has gone through all 192 zones 1 times and is on the second pass. Do I just need to wait longer (a day or so) or is there something that I can do to pull the 20 odd names over?

You can go to the HS status screen and select the HS device that doesn't have the updated zone. When you select the HS device to modify, it will display a "Refresh from Panel" button. You will need to get out and come back in to see the change but it should update from the panel. If it doesn't let me know because there maybe a setup issue.

The above is assuming you have gone through the setup and created HS devices. Let me know if you haven't.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I did creat the devices from within your program, so they are all under the device status tab and appear to be working correctly (open a door and the device shows faulted - it records the event corrently). I did change the "JVcaddx plugin device" name from within the device status update screen from the "n/a" to say "Front Door," saved that, so the status screens will show a real name for each of the zones. The device status update screen still shows the "panel zone name" as n/a. This is also true when you create an event and select a zone. Only the three zones that got their name from the panel show a name. The rest still show the HS code (s1 - s21) that I gave the devices at setup.

I did try your suggestion and opened the "front door," which still shows "panel zone name" as n/a and pressed the "refresh from panel" button. The program takes a couple of moments to execute and when finished I pressed "save" and exited. When I return it still shows n/a. Tried other zones and either saved after pushing or just exited the update program and when back in. No difference the program still shows the n/a for panel zone name.

If I go to your program through your tab and look at plugin diagnostics, I see that at 8 pm last night it updated zone 80, is on 131 out of 192 for the 2 time through the zones. So after 18 hours of running there are 20 zones that have come across from the panel.

I check and everything but the x10 and set user code is check from the panel.

Any ideas how to get the names across?

Comment

Just to be sure
        1. What is the name of the zone in the panel when you look at it in the DL900?
        2. When you go to the jvCaddx configuration page and select advanced view and click on the "Show Panel Settings", do you see the "Zone name" filed checked on? If it easy for you, I would love to see a screen print of those settings
        3. When you click on the "Refresh from panel" did you see anything in the error log?

Please let me know the above. If we don't get anywhere, I can have you set some debugging on or I may need to send you a debugging version. Let me know.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

(sorry - the program will only take 4 screens - so I converted to text for most)
          1) I did not use DL900 to program the NX8E but used the keypad to setup all of the zone names and types. The 3 zones that did come across out of the 21 did so with the name I entered in the keypad. Zone 2 from the keypad says "BDRM 1 Window" as the zone name.

2) Here is the check boxes from the configuration page:

(I will see if I can get you an impage but Zone name appears to be checked.

3) No error messages appear to be showing in the log file. Here is the resulting log entries when you do a refresh from panel in the status update screen:

3/7/2008 8:18:24 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item PartitionCheckBox with a value of Part
          3/7/2008 8:18:24 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item ShowDebugButton with a value of Show Debug Info
          3/7/2008 8:18:24 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item TrackingDisplayCount_field with a value of 11
          3/7/2008 8:18:24 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item ref_page with a value of deva7785&edit=1
          3/7/2008 8:18:29 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item PartitionCheckBox with a value of Part
          3/7/2008 8:18:29 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item GetPanelDataButton with a value of Refresh from Panel
          3/7/2008 8:18:32 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item TrackingDisplayCount_field with a value of 11
          3/7/2008 8:18:32 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item ref_page with a value of deva7785
          3/7/2008 8:18:36 AM Database Item Saving Device Front Door
          3/7/2008 8:18:36 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Front Door changes for plug-in jvCaddx Plug-In will be saved!
          3/7/2008 8:18:36 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item PartitionCheckBox with a value of Part
          3/7/2008 8:18:36 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item TrackingDisplayCount_field with a value of 11
          3/7/2008 8:18:36 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item ref_page with a value of deva7785
          3/7/2008 8:18:36 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item editdevice.y with a value of 12
          3/7/2008 8:19:10 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item PartitionCheckBox with a value of Part
          3/7/2008 8:19:10 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item GetPanelDataButton with a value of Refresh from Panel
          3/7/2008 8:19:14 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item TrackingDisplayCount_field with a value of 11
          3/7/2008 8:19:14 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item ref_page with a value of deva2298&edit=1
          3/7/2008 8:19:17 AM Database Item Saving Device Side Door
          3/7/2008 8:19:17 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Side Door changes for plug-in jvCaddx Plug-In will be saved!
          3/7/2008 8:19:17 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item PartitionCheckBox with a value of Part
          3/7/2008 8:19:17 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item TrackingDisplayCount_field with a value of 11
          3/7/2008 8:19:17 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item ref_page with a value of deva2298
          3/7/2008 8:19:17 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Got item editdevice.y with a value of 11
          3/7/2008 8:19:26 AM Database Item Saving Device Front Door
          3/7/2008 8:19:26 AM jvCaddx Plug-In Front Door changes for plug-in jvCaddx Plug-In will be saved!

I did it a couple of times to see what might happen. Here is the screens from the bottom of the status update page:

jvCaddx Plug-In Device: Front Door Panel Zone Name: n/a Last Fault: 12/30/1899 12:00:00 AM
          Zone: Zone type: 3- Entry/Exit Delay 1
          Partition 1 Partition 2 Partition 3 Partition 4
          Partition 5 Partition 6 Partition 7 Partition 8

Debug Information
          Zone : 1 Panel Name: n/a myDevRef: 7785 Last Fault: 12/30/1899 12:00:00 AM
          Faulted? False Bypassed? False Troubled? False Alarm Memory? False
          Inhibited: False Lost Supervision: False Low Battery: False Plugin HC/DC: s1
          Zone Type No: 101BF0 Error Msg: HS.DeviceValue: 0 HS.DeviceReference: 7785
          ZoneType Bypassable? True Dev Buttons: jvCaddx Plug-In|bypass Dev Values: Normal|0Faulted|100Bypassed|3Faulted(Bypassed)|4Troubled |5LowBattery|6

Let me know if you need any other information or have any other suggetions.

Bill

Comment

Here is the plug in page images
            Attached Files

Comment

I haven't come across this type of problem before. It either downloads all of them or none of them. The n/a means that it isn't receiving the name otherwise it would at least display the default from the panel. It is further confusing that the zone seems to work when you open the door.

Did you by chance change the zone type at all? I noticed that your zone type is 101bf0 instead of 6-instant or one of the default zone types. But it really shouldn't matter.

What type of keypad do you have? Do you have an LCD one where you can actually see the English name? If so, does the right English name show up for those zones?

Can you also let me know what segment and locations you changed for the name? Just one example would help.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Your settings look good. One other thing, if you have more than one keypad are they all showing the zone names correctly? If you have the LCD keypads sometimes the panel has to send the keypad text to the lcd keypads before the plugin can see it.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have two sites where I use your program with the same setup and the other one pulled the zones names correctly but it was an earlier version of your program. Funny that it should be do them so slow. 1 per couple of hours or 1 when ever I restart HS.

The only difference between the sites is that this one is all wireless and the other was almost all hardwire.

I am use 2 nx-148E LCD keypad so I can see the text that I type in. Both are showing the same text even though I only enter the text on one pad.

Yes I did set up the zone types again throught the 148E keypad and they are working correctly (instant sets of alarm - delay does it thing).

Look at the attached file - the zone type is 101bf0 in one place but correct (6-instant) in another part of your program.

The answer to your question "Can you also let me know what segment and locations you changed for the name? Just one example would helpful." is as follows:

At the keypad I did *92 - 9713 - 1# (entered the text) and exited to save it.

Then, after setting up the names I did *8 - 9713 - 0# - 25# - 1 (location 25 segment 1 to change the zone type for zone 1 etc.)

Thoughts?
                  Attached Files

Comment

James,

In checking everything between the two keypads I also checked their keypad numbers (*94). Both keypads were set to 1 within partition 1. I assumed that the NX8E would take care of multiple keypads. But just to see what might happen I sent one to 2 within partition 1 and left the other. I noticed that the panel reads started to happen and have since restarted HS so that the reads would start at the beginning zones. So far they are rolling in just fine. Perhaps I programed the other house before I installed the 2nd keypad. I will have to check the number when I go down there to see if they too are both set to one.

The Zone Type No: 101BF0 continues to be there but the zone name is no longer n/a but Front Door just like on the panel.

Thanks for helping me nose around to find the problem.

Bill

Comment

Great news.

I will take a look at the zone type and see why it looks like a custom zone type. I don't know if there is a way for the plugin to see that there are 2 keypads with the same address but If there is will look to provide a error so that this is easier to debug the next time.
                      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

The only thing I would guess is that the two keypads set as both 1 might get into conflict with each other when asked for a zone name and/or somehow slow the process way down.

thanks again!

Comment

You do have to manually enter the keypad number. I have 7 keypads (148s) and the first step is to assign it a unique keypad number (1-8) via the keyboard or the DL-900. The NX-8e will not do it on it's own.
                          Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X