This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Iinsteon Plug-in Released!

I am excited to announce that the ISY Insteon plug-in version 1.0.1.0 is now available for purchase in the HomeSeer store. Here's a link to the ISYInsteonPlug-in in HomeSeer Store. The plug-in is also available though the HomeSeer Updater and does come with a 30 day trial period.

It has taken a while to get to this point and I never could have done it without the support of everyone here that took the time to install the alpha and beta versions. I want to thank all of you -- you are a great group of beta testers!

Before installing the release version, make sure you remove the beta version HSPI_HSISY.dll file from your HomeSeer directory. The file name was changed to match the actual plug-in name for the release.

As with the betas, this forum is available should you have any support issues. In addition you may email me directly at isyinsteon@bobsplace.com. Finally, this does not mean that development of the plug-in has stopped. If/when bugs are found, updates will continue to be released to address those. And there are still a couple of features that didn't make it into this release. So please continue to suggest new features and enhancements.
    Last edited by bpwwer; October 5, 2009, 10:41 AM.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Just bought my copy! Great work Bob.

Comment

How did you get your coupon code to work?

Comment

Install issue

Hi Bob,

I have done the following before attempting to install version 1.0.1.0:

1. Shut down homeseer service
        2. Removed beta hspi_hsisy.dll
        3. Re-started homeseer
        4. Attempted to download program using HS updater
        5. Updater said plugin was downloaded successfully
        6. Restarted homeseer service

After restarting homeseer, I went into interfaces, but do not see the plugin.

Can you help?

Thanks
        -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by hoods View Post
          How did you get your coupon code to work?
          Ed,

I went to the homeseer store and purchased it. Then I used the homeseer updater to download it.

Comment

Originally posted by iiidmaxer View Post
            Hi Bob,

I have done the following before attempting to install version 1.0.1.0:

1. Shut down homeseer service
            2. Removed beta hspi_hsisy.dll
            3. Re-started homeseer
            4. Attempted to download program using HS updater
            5. Updater said plugin was downloaded successfully
            6. Restarted homeseer service

After restarting homeseer, I went into interfaces, but do not see the plugin.

Can you help?
            Between steps 5 and 6 did the plug-in installer run and install the plug-in? I think HomeSeer is suppose to run the installer automatically. You can always try downloading it again from the updater.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob,

Tried it again, and same result. See below:

StatusUpdateDownloaded SuccessfullyISY Insteon Plug-In

Downloading complete. You must restart HomeSeer to complete the install.

Comment

Hi Bob,

I just bought and downloaded the plug-in. Everything went smoothly and came up without a glitch. I admire and appreciate the patience you've taken to get this plug-in right. Great product and value!

Thanks,
                Randy

Comment

Originally posted by iiidmaxer View Post
                  Bob,

Tried it again, and same result. See below:

StatusUpdateDownloaded SuccessfullyISY Insteon Plug-In

Downloading complete. You must restart HomeSeer to complete the install.

Hi,

When HomeSeer starts up, an installer for the plug-in should pop up. Be sure and press the Next button to install the plug-in. You then need to get into the interfaces page and enable the plug-in.

Randy

Comment

Looks like my server needed to be rebooted. After I did this, I was able to install the plugin.

Thanks again.
                    -Bob

Comment

Excellent work, Bob
                      Installed with no problem and everything looks fine.
                      Thanks again for your hard work...

Comment

Thanks, Bob. It's working great.

I ran the updater with the BETA plug-in still running.
                        I then shut down homeseer.
                        I then deleted the existing plugin DLL from the Homeseer directory.
                        I then restarted Homeseer.
                        It then ran the installer, which asked me to shut down Homeseer.
                        I shut down Homeseer.
                        The installer did its thing.
                        I restarted Homeseer.
                        I went to setup and purchased my license and activated the plug-in.

All is good! Thanks so much.

Tim

Comment

How do you get the coupon code to work. Keeps coming up with 59.95 no matter what I try?????

Comment

Originally posted by hoods View Post
                            How do you get the coupon code to work. Keeps coming up with 59.95 no matter what I try?????
                            Did you try typing the coupon code in the "If you have a coupon code, enter it here.
                            Click "Update" to apply." box instead of doing a cut-in-paste of the one I posted?

I just made some changes to the post because I think cut-n-paste might have been getting the font color change tags too which would cause the store to reject it.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I just tried downloading from the updater but it did not work. (I have never tried the beta so there was nothing I needed to uninstall). The updater said it installed OK and after I stop and restart Homeseer I get the install screen. The install goes OK and says it was successful but the plugin does not show up in the interface list and I get this error in the log:

9/6/2009 4:42:50 PM - Error - Unable to access plugin: HSPI_ISYInsteon.dll, try reinstalling plug-in

Tried reinstalling a couple of times and always get the same result. Is there something special you have to do to install this on a Hometroller?

Comment

Working...
                              X