3.0.1.152 Strange behaviour to thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    If you run 318 with the latest Z-Wave plugin is that ok? Just want to see if its the plugin or HS. If its HS, that would be really odd since HS doesn't have anything to do with Z-Wave.
    Let me try.

.318 and .157 does not work

Nov-14 20:45:23 Z-Wave Warning New Interface: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 35 (Thermostat HVAC Main Thermostat root) ISSUE: Too soon. Last wake-up was 3584 ms ago - EXITING.

Nov-14 20:49:36 Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 35(Thermostat HVAC Main Thermostat root).
    Nov-14 20:49:36 Device Control Device: System Battery device awake Main thermostat awake to Off (0)
    Nov-14 20:49:36 Device Control Device: System Battery device awake Main thermostat awake to On (100)
    Nov-14 20:49:36 Event Event Trigger "System Main thermostat wake up"
    Nov-14 20:49:36 Z-Wave Device: Thermostat HVAC Temp Main Thermostat Set to 19.9 (C)
    Nov-14 20:49:36 Z-Wave New Interface: Device (Node 35) woke up and Poll Device for Thermostat HVAC Temp Main Thermostat was successfully sent.
    Nov-14 20:49:36 Z-Wave Wake-Up Util Proc for (Thermostat HVAC Main Thermostat root) handling: Poll Device
    Nov-14 20:49:36 Z-Wave New Interface: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 35 (Thermostat HVAC Main Thermostat root)
    Nov-14 20:49:36 Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 35

Nov-14 20:50:57 Z-Wave Warning Queued command (Unknown) failed for Thermostat HVAC Study TRV root and is being re-queued for the next wake-up interval.
    Nov-14 20:50:57 Z-Wave Warning New Interface: Device (Node 21) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device

going back to .318 and .130 it works immediately

Nov-14 20:53:53 Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 35(Thermostat HVAC Main Thermostat root).
    Nov-14 20:53:53 Z-Wave New Interface: Device (Node 35) woke up and Send Other Data command was successfully sent.
    Nov-14 20:53:53 Z-Wave Wake-Up Util Proc for (Thermostat HVAC Main Thermostat root) handling: Send Other Data
    Nov-14 20:53:53 Z-Wave New Interface: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 35 (Thermostat HVAC Main Thermostat root)

Nov-14 20:55:49 Event Event Trigger "System Study TRV wake up"
    Nov-14 20:55:49 Z-Wave New Interface: Device (Node 21) woke up and Send Other Data command was successfully sent.
    Nov-14 20:55:49 Z-Wave Wake-Up Util Proc for (Thermostat HVAC Study TRV root) handling: Send Other Data
    Nov-14 20:55:49 Z-Wave New Interface: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 21 (Thermostat HVAC Study TRV root)
    Nov-14 20:55:49 Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 21
    Last edited by mikee123; November 14, 2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Ok, I believe I found the thermostat issue so it should be fixed in the Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.158 which is in the Beta section on the plugins page.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think you might have found the issue. 2 setpoints sent to my Secrure SRT321, and both have been accepted on the first wake-up. Still testing the StellaZ's, but so far 1 setpoint sent, and accepted on the first wake-up. Looking good.

Question. I believe the Zwave plugin is responsible for a lot of my energy reporting devices not reporting Watts and kWH any more, Normally, the Greenwave on/off modules, or the Aeotec Gen 5 on/off plug in modules start reporting power usage immediately after inlusion. Not any more, also older (longer in the system) have stopped reporting. They are still responsive to on/off commands, and report status back to HS3, but just no power reporting. Out of about 20 power reporting modules I have there are only a handful still reporting, and new ones dont even start.

Comment

The Aeon devices were not being programmed to report power when they were added. I have fixed that in the plugin 3.0.1.159 which is posted.

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          I think you might have found the issue. 2 setpoints sent to my Secrure SRT321, and both have been accepted on the first wake-up. Still testing the StellaZ's, but so far 1 setpoint sent, and accepted on the first wake-up. Looking good.

Question. I believe the Zwave plugin is responsible for a lot of my energy reporting devices not reporting Watts and kWH any more, Normally, the Greenwave on/off modules, or the Aeotec Gen 5 on/off plug in modules start reporting power usage immediately after inlusion. Not any more, also older (longer in the system) have stopped reporting. They are still responsive to on/off commands, and report status back to HS3, but just no power reporting. Out of about 20 power reporting modules I have there are only a handful still reporting, and new ones dont even start.

Comment

Rich

Did you also look into the issues with fibaro fgs222. ( double relay) module. Since 140 or somewhere they stopped reporting the switch status back to hs3

In 130 its functioning fine.

Regards

Bart
            Regards Bart
            ------------------------------------------
            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
            HSPRO 3.
            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

The Aeon devices were not being programmed to report power when they were added. I have fixed that in the plugin 3.0.1.159 which is posted.
              I will have to test the Aeon tomorrow. Greenwave on/off modules are still not reporting power. (I am running .159 beta)
              Qubino 2x1.5kW modules only reporting power on one channel (used to work on both)
              Everspring AN158-3 on/off modules also do not report any power any more

These power reporting issues have been for a while even with .130

No more issues with my thermostats, all working fine.
              Last edited by mikee123; November 15, 2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I recently got a Secure SRT321 Thermostat and have been testing it, and I pretty much immediately ran into this issue, so I have been following this thread.
                I now tested .158 beta and .159 beta and the issue seems to be only partially fixed for the SRT321. If I submit a new setpoint temperature from HS, the setpoint is now updated on the thermostat the next time it wakes up, so that is all good, but the Setpoint device in HS is still showing the old setpoint temperature. The HS device setpoint temperature does not update even after several wake up cycles.

Comment

Some additional comments to .159: After installing this I keep getting a new type of warning message in the log that I have never seen before since I started with HS last year:
                  "Z-Wave Warning > Not all queued commands could be sent to <WhatEverDevicename> and there are already 9 commands in the queue. Failed commands will NOT be re-queued for processing later."
                  This happens quite frequently (several times per hour) and seems to escalating. The devices are all battery-powered devices.
                  I think I will just reinstall the non-beta version of the plugin for now, since these other warnings are disconcerting and the issue with the SRT321 does not seem to be completely fixed anyway.
                  Can I just reinstall the old plugin version from the plugin management page the same way as I did when I installed the beta?

Comment

Edit the setpoint device in HS and make sure polling is enabled. Set the poll interval to some value that is less than the wakeup. This will cause the setpoint to get updated when the thermostat wakes up.

I think in later plugins we have disabled all auto polling (except for battery devices) because in some cases excessive polling was enabled automatically. So you need to set it up manually.

Originally posted by JxxxIxxx View Post
                    I recently got a Secure SRT321 Thermostat and have been testing it, and I pretty much immediately ran into this issue, so I have been following this thread.
                    I now tested .158 beta and .159 beta and the issue seems to be only partially fixed for the SRT321. If I submit a new setpoint temperature from HS, the setpoint is now updated on the thermostat the next time it wakes up, so that is all good, but the Setpoint device in HS is still showing the old setpoint temperature. The HS device setpoint temperature does not update even after several wake up cycles.

Comment

Can confirm .159 works for danfloss LC13 and popp thermostats.

Also same behaviour that set point in homeseer doesn’t update in homesser itself anymore unless you poll. Will need to edit 20 odd thermostats but can cope with that.

Thanks for sorting.
                      Last edited by budejake; November 16, 2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Ithe devices think in later plugins we have disabled all auto polling (except for battery devices) because in some cases excessive polling was enabled automatically. So you need to set it up manually.
                        That gave me an idea of why some of the energy reporting has stopped. I have set the not reporting devices to poll once every minute. Some have now started to report again. Setting polling to once every minute on 25ish devices, is that too much ?

Only 3 devices have started reporting Watts again, all the other ones still do not, even with manual polling and having rescaned the devices
                        Last edited by mikee123; November 16, 2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                          That gave me an idea of why some of the energy reporting has stopped. I have set the not reporting devices to poll once every minute. Some have now started to report again. Setting polling to once every minute on 25ish devices, is that too much ?

Only 3 devices have started reporting Watts again, all the other ones still do not, even with manual polling and having rescaned the devices
                          Maybe not the issue in your case, but it was for me:
                          If you're re-scanning devices, watch how HS is setting up associations and / or trying to configure device parameters. I had all manner of problems with devices not updating power etc after updating the Z-Wave plug-in and it was mainly down to the plug-in setting up incorrect associations which amongst a raft of other things was causing it to try and update the wrong devices.

Paul..

Comment

Comment

Edit the setpoint device in HS and make sure polling is enabled. Set the poll interval to some value that is less than the wakeup. This will cause the setpoint to get updated when the thermostat wakes up.

I think in later plugins we have disabled all auto polling (except for battery devices) because in some cases excessive polling was enabled automatically. So you need to set it up manually.
                              Thanks rjh this might solve that particular issue.
                              However, due to the other frequent warning messages that was filling my log file when using beta .159 (mentioned i my other post. "...Not all queued commands could be sent...etc...") I have reverted to .130 for now. Would these types of warning messages be due to the fact that .159 is a beta release and contain additional "debug" information, or are there other issues with .159 causing these warning messages?
                              I have set up HS to mail me any errors or warnings when they occur in the log file, this is a great way to keep an eye on the general health of my system. However because of the frequent occurrence of these particular messages when using .159 (several per hour) I find it better to go back to .130 to avoid beeing "spammed" by all these warnings.
                              So I suppose I will be waiting for a new "official" version of the plugin before I can use the thermostat....

Comment

Good idea to check associations, but they all look ok. It is a bit strange, for example I have 2 Qubino 2x1.5kW modukles (like the Fibaro). They both live in the same waterproof box outside. 1 reports power on both channels. The other one used to, but now only reports on 1 channel. Associations are identical. I have rescanned a few times, power cycled the module, no change. There is some weird stuff happening with power metering. Luckily the 2 devices I rely on for my logic so far work... one stops reporting every couple of months, and I have to exclude and include it again to get it working... thats a Aeon 32A switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X